Carburetor/Pittsburgh - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Carburetor/Pittsburgh

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 01-05-2008, 02:26 PM   #16
cochedefuerza

http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/Webe...2_36DGAVEV.pdf

This schematic is even clearer (this is what they sent me but it's much clearer here on the PDF)

The problem is that even on this schematic I am unable to determine where 4 of the rebuild parts are located (2 small brass washers, 2 slightly larger steel washers, and a steel washer with a black rubber grommet inside of it)

Unfortunately the tech phone line at webercarbsdirect is only a Mon-Fri operation.

cochedefuerza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #17
cochedefuerza

Regarding the removal of the upper portion of the carb that is required to acces the power valve, I have removed the six visible screws that secure the upper housing with the lower portion of the carb and the E clip on the lever that controls the butterfly in addition to loosening the two small brass screws that are located inside the portion of the housing that is centered between the two barrells; however, I'm still unable to budge the upper housing.

I can't see any other screws that might be holding it together.

Any thoughts?
Unread 01-11-2008, 02:40 PM   #18
cochedefuerza

A thanks to all those who posted their thoughts on this thread.

A few days ago I rebuilt the carb and that solved the problem.

A note to those who may be considering doing the same thing (rebuilding the Weber 32/36 DGEV in my case) it is, in fact, very simple.

I should also note that the technical guys at www.webercarbsdirect.com are extremely helpful.
Unread 06-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #19
Wroughwrangler
1946 CJ2A 

Weber help

Straightforward carbs for sure, but couldn't get it cleaned right no matter what. Sent it down to the guys at Karb King (karbking.com) in Pittsburgh and thought they swapped it for a brand new unit when I got it back! Apparently, no amount of degreaser, Berryman's, or Ty-d-Bol (don't ask) compares to Karb King's royal cleaning solution. Anyway, 3 days and $125 later, my Weber-d CJ runs like new.
Wroughwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.