Carburetor Boiling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Carburetor Boiling

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-26-2014, 08:35 PM   #1
Brewski
1986 CJ7 

Carburetor Boiling

I've been spending some time working on a friends carb this week. It has the heat soak issues that many complain about so when I pulled it in the shop I immediately pulled the top to look at the fuel and thought it interesting to see the boil. This is 10% ethanol. My experience has been less of an issue with no ethanol gas as it's boiling point is higher. I would say this one is certainly in need of a phenolic spacer.

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Last edited by Brewski; 08-26-2014 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: Add link
Brewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2014, 08:59 AM   #2
colojeepguy
1970 CJ5 

Sometimes a simple switch in gas stations will improve things. Some gasoline are more susceptible to boiling than others and as you mentioned, alcohol content makes it worse.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.