Carb throttle linkage for a Holley 8007 1460 on an Offenhauser intake - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Carb throttle linkage for a Holley 8007 1460 on an Offenhauser intake

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
ACAD_Cowboy
1980 CJ7 

Carb throttle linkage for a Holley 8007 1460 on an Offenhauser intake

Dugger sent me a note, wanting to know how I made a linkage work for my setup so as promised, some pictures.

This is a very quick and dirty way to mount the a throttle linkage for a holley 8007/ 1460 390cfm to an Offenhauser intake on the 258.

The long and short of it is I used a Mr.Gasket throttle cable and bracket kit and then chopped it up.

Mr.Gasket # 6039 THROTTLE CABLE BRACKET-AUTO

Mr.Gasket # 5657STEEL BRAIDED THROTTLE CABLE KIT

After a little tinkering which the geometry I decided to mount the bracket to the carb fuel bowl bolt. This required rotating the cable stay mounting area 90° and then bracing it with some triangulation and some seam welding. It's not pretty but it does seem to work okay for now until I can build a proper pulley and guide way system.

img00045-20090909-1158.jpg   img00046-20090909-1159.jpg   img00047-20090909-1200.jpg  

[SIZE="1"][I][SIZE="2"]These, in the day when heaven was falling, The hour when earth's foundations fled, Followed their mercenary calling, And took their wages, and are dead.

Their shoulders held the sky suspended; They stood, and earth's foundations stay; What God abandoned, these defended, And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman[/SIZE][/I][/SIZE]
ACAD_Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.