Carb Replacement MC or Webber - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Carb Replacement MC or Webber

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 08-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
jbrosnan
1985 CJ7 

Carb Replacement MC or Webber

I am sick of this Carter Carb and all the vacuum lines, so I am considering replacing the Carb. There is a guy on Ebay that sells a kit with MC carb supposedly set up to your needs. Has anyone bought one of these carbs from this guy? If so, what is your opinion? Also what is the consensus on the MC or the Webber?

jbrosnan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

I have the MC....love it. I've read weber's can be finicky to get set up but I have no first hand experience with them.

Plenty of people have bought from the ebay guy. Most appear satisfied, some not.

Myself, I can't justify spending hundreds of dollars on something I can (and did) do on my own for $70. But for someone who doesn't have either the time or knowledge the ebay set up is a good option.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #3
capt205
1983 CJ7 

I bought an MC2150 from the eBay guy..came withe everything you need to install.

I had to change the jets and power valve to get it dialed in, but I'm happy with it.
capt205 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
Tyler980
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Got the 2150 from gronk ebay guy. Instructions are pretty long and not as helpful as you could wish but all you basically need from his instructions is where the vac lines go. Take carter out put motorcraft in with adapter.. pretty simple
Tyler980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
Proofmark
1983 CJ7 

This is my next step, so just dropping in so I can find this in the future
Proofmark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
Railbender
1982 CJ7 

I have a Weber and very much dislike it. It was a PITA to get to running right and it still sucks the choke never worked right. If I had it to do over again I'd go with the MC.
Railbender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #7
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

I have a carter BBD and love it. Worth every penny I spent on it.

Oh yea. I forgot I only spent 20 on a rebuild kit, 30 dollars on the tool and parts to put new throttle shaft bushings in the base plate and 20 dollars for a can of carb dip. And that same tool put bushings in other members base plates too.

But the best is Grammy telling me it drives like its brand new.

Edit. A 20 dollar pin vise from MSC and a .037 drill bit to drill out the emulsion tubes.
86cj74.2L is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #8
fourbtgait
1930 MK Patriot 

My Bbd has plenty of power/pickup, idles so smooth I have to glance at the oil pressure gauge to make sure it did not die while waiting at a stop light.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
fourbtgait is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #9
86cj74.2L
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbtgait
My Bbd has plenty of power/pickup, idles so smooth I have to glance at the oil pressure gauge to make sure it did not die while waiting at a stop light.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
That same carter BBD was on many v8 Chrysler 318's. the only difference was a larger Venturi cluster. And may be a different needle profile. Which would probable be pretty nice match for a 258 with headers and a aftermarket intake.
86cj74.2L is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #10
orange80cj7
1980 CJ7 

i went with the MC2100 and couldnt be happier! the jeep runs great now, no more rough idle or dying, and it only cost me around 60 cant beat that, the motorcraft 2100 and 2150 were widely used in fords and are super easy to find dirt cheap, just go down to your local junk yard and look around
orange80cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.