carb problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > carb problem

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-13-2003, 06:50 PM   #1
Tuts

carb problem

Hey,
My carburetor for my 74 cj5 w/ 304 v8 is experiencing some problems and I tried to order another one from Autozone the other day, and when it came in, I found that it was only a two barrel and the bolt holes were not the same that were on the engine. I sent it back. Mine is a four barrel. The only listing they have is for that two barrel carb. What is going on here?
Thanks,
Tuts

Jeep pics up and running.
Blue Jeep Club Member #35
Tuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2003, 07:19 PM   #2
*JOKER*
1983 CJ8 

I don't know for sure, but it sounds like they don't have all the information needed for your model. Have you considered aftermarket alternatives?

Holley makes a 670 cfmTruck Avenger model that is supposed to be really good for wheeling for $390

Edelbrock makes a 600 cfm Performer model that goes for $230. You can even buy a remanufactured one from Jegs for $184.

Personally, I'm happy with my Edelbrock. It never let me down and it's easy and cheap to rebuild ($35 and 2 hours).

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.