Carb to Intake Gasket Config (304 w\ MC2150)? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Carb to Intake Gasket Config (304 w\ MC2150)?

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 11-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
El_Capitan
1978 CJ7 

Carb to Intake Gasket Config (304 w\ MC2150)?

Creating a new post to get the answer for something I can't seem to find.

I'm looking for the proper gasket configuration between the carb and intake for a 304 w\ Motorcraft 2150.

I have the intake spacer (the thing w\ the plastic base and replaceable thick paper gasket) in this model.

So, my question is this: Is the proper config

Carb
Paper Gasket
Spacer
Paper Gasket
Intake

or

Carb
Spacer
Paper Gasket
Intake

It doesn't make sense to me to add a paper gasket between the carb and the spacer (considering the spacer seems like a gasket itself), but the PO had one on in that location, so it warrants an ask.

So, what say you?

El_Capitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2013, 12:44 AM   #2
MoC
1986 CJ7 

I may be wrong but I don't think 304's in CJ's came with 2150's, they were all 2100's. Waggy and J-truck 360 had the 2150's.

Either way they are the same carb base, and essentially the same carb anyway so the mounting is no different.

There were two different mounting methods depending on the year. Don't remember the cut off date, but it was mid 70's. The first one went manifold, thin gasket, metal spacer, thin gasket, carb. The later ones went manifold, thin gasket, plastic spacer, thick multi layered paper gasket, carb. Team wagoner sells everything needed for the later method.
Unread 11-24-2013, 04:57 AM   #3
El_Capitan
1978 CJ7 

Fantastic! That's just the info I was looking for,.and exactly how I installed it.
Thanks for the help!
El_Capitan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.