Carb Help! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Carb Help!

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #46
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernGypsy View Post
For what you described with no canister and if you intend not to use your EGR then;

A) Needs to be capped, it's not a vacuum leak if uncapped but will allow dust, crud, and moisture into your carb.
I question how the carb is suppose to vent the vapors, if you cap the outside vent off? From my understanding, without that vent, vapors will enter the carb bore and create difficult hot-starts. Perhaps Mike can confirm.

Without a canister, I think I'd attach a short section of hose with a vent cap, similar to a transmission or diff vent.

Matt

Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 05:24 PM   #47
SouthernGypsy
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Romain View Post
You know sir, I just don't like your diagrams or your knowledge of the BBD carb sorry.

The BBD has a rear center port for the PCV which comes from the front baffled hole in the valve cover. It has a corner port for the choke pull off as all of us don't seem to know..

Edit: including me it would seem.... Just looked at my spare and you are correct on that one.

The EGR also is supposed to route through a thermostat in the air filter so it doesn't open if you have -40 temps sucking in there which would really cause a bog.

Everyone I have (have had 4 now and access to 2 more) all have the PCV on the right and the small choke pull off in the center.

Yes on the EGR normally but it sounded like he didn't have the stock setup anymore so I was addressing what it sounded like he did have and wanted to keep.
SouthernGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.