Can't get the skip out - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Can't get the skip out

Steinjager TJ tube doorsAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 07-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
74CJ_5

Can't get the skip out

I'm tryin to put an aftermarket hei dist. In my 74 258. It has a skip I can't get out. The distributor is new. Since then I've replaced the plugs, and wires. Changed the coil and condenser. Had the distributor in and out many times checking things. I pulled the plug wires, (originals), one at a time and it seems #2 and #4 are dead, hence the new plug wires. I replaced those two plugs. Nothing works, yet it runs great with the original points distributor.
Does anyone have any other ideas on what to check before I pull it all out ang go back to the point system? Any help is appreciated.

74CJ_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
74CJ_5

Forgot to post I changed the cap and rotor too with another one I had.
Unread 07-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
74CJ_5

back in business

I got it.
I'm a little embarrased to confess this but I had the 2 and 4 spark plug wires crossed. A newbie mistake, I know it's been a while but I have done this many a time. I'm not a newbie. But I guess stuff happens. I'm getting old. I just had to step a way for a while.
Unread 07-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #4
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Happens to all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.