JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep CJ Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/)
-   -   Can someone help me decode my firewall tag? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/can-someone-help-me-decode-my-firewall-tag-1573181/)

mudbug83 09-08-2013 09:18 PM

Can someone help me decode my firewall tag?

The tag reads

J158155 2-8B

9A 6CK

J9F93AH825441 9300

From what I've read 9A is the paint code for Alpaca Brown and the 9300 means cj7 but what do the other things mean?

Thanks In advance for any help! I hope to restore my cj to original condition!

WindKnot 09-08-2013 10:03 PM

1979 Jeep CJ7 made in the USA (Toledo) with a 3 spd manual transmission, left hand drive, 3750 lbs GVW, with a 304CID V8 engine equipped with a two barreled carburetor.

It was Alpaca Brown Metallic
Tan denim vinyl bucket seats.

only in a jeep cj 09-08-2013 10:49 PM

Good job, now that's an answer

walkerhoundvm 09-08-2013 11:23 PM

Yeah, but what day of the week was it made on, Windknot?!?

LeePrather 09-09-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkerhoundvm

Saturday and then on the 7th day he rested...

WindKnot 09-09-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkerhoundvm (Post 15887452)

It was a dark and stormy Friday night, and the winds were howling in from the lake. The shutters were clanging and banging against the factory walls in almost a rhythmic pattern. Flashes from the lightning would show the unkempt shrubbery and trees down below, for American Motors, once again in an economic time of crisis laid off the landscaping crew. There we choices that had to be made; take care of the yard or buy another box of wire nuts to keep the production line running...

...From somewhere up on the fourth floor there was a howling and a screech. It was an unforgettable shriek as the new chassis crashed onto the assembly line. This was its start, and production would go down hill from there. Down hill all the way to the roll off on the main floor.

Voodoo_Chile 09-09-2013 10:12 AM

Can you tell me where to find this tag on a 1970 Commando? looking at some old iron and want to be able to figure out the year and month of mfr from the buyer before driving 3 hrs to look at it... :)
sorry for the hijack.

WindKnot 09-09-2013 10:59 AM

It should be on the firewall close to the brake master cylinder. Unfortunately Kaiser was not as descriptive on the builders plate as other manufacturers were later.

gazzo 09-09-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindKnot

It was a dark and stormy Friday night, and the winds were howling in from the lake. The shutters were clanging and banging against the factory walls in almost a rhythmic pattern. Flashes from the lightning would show the unkempt shrubbery and trees down below, for American Motors, once again in an economic time of crisis laid off the landscaping crew. There we choices that had to be made; take care of the yard or buy another box of wire nuts to keep the production line running...

...From somewhere up on the fourth floor there was a howling and a screech. It was an unforgettable shriek as the new chassis crashed onto the assembly line. This was its start, and production would go down hill from there. Down hill all the way to the roll off on the main floor.

Very nice. Your kids must love you at bed time. Excellent story telling.

The time now is 05:44 PM.