Can somebody check my Vac. Diagram and answer some questions? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Can somebody check my Vac. Diagram and answer some questions?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-13-2009, 12:41 PM   #16
attworth
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Romain View Post
Well if you ever get up to the east coast of Canada, I'll take you up on those.
My wife's been wanting to visit PEI, so maybe...

Are you in Quebec or Newfie?

attworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #17
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by attworth View Post
My wife's been wanting to visit PEI, so maybe...

Are you in Quebec or Newfie?
The other one, Nova Scotia, near Halifax. We are on a river about 7 km up from the ocean in Chester basin. My wife and I just went out this afternoon and caught two nice brook trout and 4 white perch that were big enough to keep, tossed back a bunch. Let us know if you head up this way and we can show you around. PEI isn't even that far, it is a small area.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 01:48 PM   #18
attworth
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
The other one, Nova Scotia, near Halifax. We are on a river about 7 km up from the ocean in Chester basin. My wife and I just went out this afternoon and caught two nice brook trout and 4 white perch that were big enough to keep, tossed back a bunch. Let us know if you head up this way and we can show you around. PEI isn't even that far, it is a small area.
Ah yes, forgot one. Sorry about that!

We'd love to make a trip up there. I miss the snow. (I'm a native cheese-head -Wisconsonite.)

Maybe next Fall/Winter.
Unread 08-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #19
attworth
1979 CJ7 

Think I just have one more question.

This first picture is on the carb. I believe that is the choke? There's a threaded fitting. It used to be tied into the exhaust manifold via a metal pipe (second picture.) Any ideas what to do with this stuff?

Thanks again.

Edit: the new exhaust manifold does not have the threaded fitting.
Unread 08-15-2009, 05:03 AM   #20
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by attworth View Post
Think I just have one more question.

This first picture is on the carb. I believe that is the choke? There's a threaded fitting. It used to be tied into the exhaust manifold via a metal pipe (second picture.) Any ideas what to do with this stuff?

Thanks again.

Edit: the new exhaust manifold does not have the threaded fitting.
Then you can just get an automatic timer choke for an 86 maybe. That would involve a bit of wiring. Does your engine have the oil pressure electric switch on the oil pressire sender? If not, you can get one and feed it fused 12 volts from the fender solenoid, then from the oil pressure switch the wire goes to the 86's electric choke to open it. It opens by how long it sees 12 volts.

I prefer a manual choke though. That way I can drive it when it is warming up without needing 3 feet. The manual choke kits go in easy and have all the parts needed.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009, 07:46 AM   #21
attworth
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Then you can just get an automatic timer choke for an 86 maybe. That would involve a bit of wiring. Does your engine have the oil pressure electric switch on the oil pressire sender? If not, you can get one and feed it fused 12 volts from the fender solenoid, then from the oil pressure switch the wire goes to the 86's electric choke to open it. It opens by how long it sees 12 volts.

I prefer a manual choke though. That way I can drive it when it is warming up without needing 3 feet. The manual choke kits go in easy and have all the parts needed.
I was hoping you would say plug the hole.

What type of manual choke kit do I need? Is this something that the local parts store would have and I just "make it work?"

Thanks again Mr. Romain.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.