Can I use manual steering brackets with power steering box? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Can I use manual steering brackets with power steering box?

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-27-2005, 06:49 PM   #1
Mud Machine
Jeep Addict

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Can I use manual steering brackets with power steering box?

Just bought a power steering box for my 1976 CJ-7. Can I bolt this up to my excising manual steering box frame brackets? Will these be strong enough or do I have to use power steering specific brackets?

Quote:
Does your gas tank overflow at the pump?
SUBMIT FORMAL COMPLAINT HERE!

2005 Rubicon LJ Unlimited - 4 1/2" BDS Suspension - 285/75/16 Toyo M/T's - 12,000# Winch - Ground Pounder Fab Rear Bumper - FabRieckAtions Custom Front Bumper - Overkill Engineering Tube Fenders - GR8 Half Top - Rock Hard Cage - Banks Monster Exhaust - 5.13 Gears - High Performance Flux Capacitor

1976 CJ-7 - 33" Super Swampers - BDS 4" Suspension - 6 Point Roll Cage
Mud Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2005, 07:55 PM   #2
John N
1981 CJ8 

The box mount brackets for the frame should work fine, if they aren't cracked (common problem). You will need a p/s pitman arm, they aren't the same.
John N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2005, 09:26 PM   #3
Rockram1

The bracket is the same. But the pitman arm, and the input shaft are different. You'll need to get the lower part of the donors steering shaft as well.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.