Can anyone help me by posting seat hole locations? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Can anyone help me by posting seat hole locations?

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 04-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
Jeeprage
1986 CJ7 

Can anyone help me by posting seat hole locations?

My new seats have arrived, and I'm planning to mount the brackets tomorrow. I have a new fiberglass tub with no holes drilled yet, and unsure how far apart the seats are normally mounted.

I'm pretty sure front to back will be an easy match up, but can anyone help by posting how far between the seat brackets, how far off center, or how far from the inside seat holes?

My drivers side bracket looks like it has some extra tabs welded on, not sure if that was to center the junk seats that PO had mounted, if the previous floor was rotted in original holes, or what.

Bonus points for anyone that can help with rear seat or where front seatbelts bolt to.

Unread 04-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
Ivehad4
1978 CJ7 

Your best tact would probably be to bolt the seats to the brackets, situate them in the Jeep and mark the holes. My CJ5 had a fiberglass tub and I seem to remember there was some sort of reinforcements molded into the tub where the brackets bolted thru. That was a long time ago, not sure how the glass tubs are made now. I would center the driver side on the wheel. Put the passenger side in and situate based on clearance for articulating it forward, so it clears the dash, the edge of the door and whatever console you might have.

The base of the seatbelt mounts on the bottom vertical surface of the fender well. The top mounts on the roll bar. Use grade 8 hardware all around.
1998 TJ 4.0
Ivehad4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.