CALLING ALL OLD TIMERS CJ2A engine Help!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CALLING ALL OLD TIMERS CJ2A engine Help!!!

1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee Front Upper & Lower Control ArSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-09-2011, 06:40 AM   #16
1971cj6man

Here is the site.
http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/eventco...ded/index.html

1971cj6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2011, 06:49 AM   #17
1971cj6man

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/eventco...ded/index.html
Unread 01-09-2011, 06:54 AM   #18
1983 CJ7 

That is a cool little Jeep

What are you plans for it?
Unread 01-09-2011, 07:10 AM   #19
1971cj6man

Just drive the thing and keep oil in it! After I work all the bugs out I might cherry the body out a bit and paint it. But for right now I love it! There is nothing like driving it to Starbucks and having a WWII vet coming up to you and telling you war stories about rolling over two flat fenders during the battle of the bulge!!! I have had my fair share of jeeps over the years. As far as rigs go that don't really get wheeled, this thing is the most FUN!!!!!!!
More info
Ok, Ok, I know everything... The Kiaser engine is the same as the willys L-head. It was produced by Contenental and was origanlaly an impliment engine designed for stationary work in water pumps and such. It was even used in fork lifts. From 1951 to 1953 they were put in the Kaiser Henery J and version sold by Sears via catalog called the Allstate. The differance is the lettering on the head. And yes it is possible to interchancge the heads, you may still have a willys engine with a kaiser head as they were infomous for warping and cracking. Do a search for the Kaiser Owners Assoc. for info.
Unread 01-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #20
yippie21

1979 CJ7 

Great Jeep. Good job rescuing it from the farm where, as soon as that wheel broke off, they would have left it to rust and die. You'll surely have your hands full with the engine. I like the look with no roll bar. The worn-out abused look is kinda appealing... Good Luck!
yippie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #21
dopiejoe

L6-148/l6-161 ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971cj6man View Post
I just got a cj2a, it's really cool... A old man jeep! Saved it from a farmer in chico who was going to let his workers use it out in the fields.
Anyhow the motor is a flathead in line 6 mated to a t90 tranny. As of now I cant tell what the motor is! No company name just the firing order on top of the motor along with bore and stroke. On the side of the block there is numbers by the alt 6LR142319
I have one of these engines also.Like you I have not been able to find any images of it other than the one you posted.I have found info that stated Willys-Overland in 1948 introduced the L6-148 in the station wagon then in 1950/51 they upgraded it to the L6-161.I have recently aquired 2 W/O pickups and a W/O wagon and the PO removed this engine from the wagon and installed it in one of the pickups.So I am assuming(and everybody knows what that means)that mine is L6-161 because the wagon is a 1950 model .I would post an image of it if I could figure out how to do it.It's hard to teach an ol dog new tricks.
dopiejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:42 AM   #22
dopiejoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971cj6man View Post
I just got a cj2a, it's really cool... A old man jeep! Saved it from a farmer in chico who was going to let his workers use it out in the fields.
Anyhow the motor is a flathead in line 6 mated to a t90 tranny. As of now I cant tell what the motor is! No company name just the firing order on top of the motor along with bore and stroke. On the side of the block there is numbers by the alt 6LR142319
I finally figured out how to post an image and posted a pic on the L6-161 ???motor that I have.Just type in L6-161 in search bar and it will come up.
dopiejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #23
D-SUT
1948 CJ2A 

Ok I'm sure that this thread was long thought to be left for dead in 2012!
I was looking for information on the engine in the 1948 Cj2A that I got last year in a trade. I typed in the numbers on the side of the block on Google and I found where some other guy had the same question. I the tapped on the link and it brought me to this post on this forum. To my surprise this guy not only had the same question about his engine, but the engine in question is the exact same engine.
What trip to see photos of the jeep that I got last year on this post. At first I saw the jeep and said " wow that looks like my jeep " Then I saw the radiator support and said uh that looks just like the support bar in my jeep! After I saw the wires on the head lights that I just cut into last Tuesday I new this is the same jeep! Wow now that was crazy! The jeep came to me much like it was in the photos in this post. I got it from some younger guy in Fremont Ca. that said he bought it from a guy in Marin County? I am currently wiring the entire jeep and have stripped it to bare metal for paint. I do not plan on doing much body work because I like the character. However I do plan on cutting out the rust. I have installed a roll bar and high back seats that I just got from another jeep enthusiast up in Auburn Ca. I seem to have a soft spot for projects that have been left to die! My plan is simply to make it more road worthy and more like the Swiss Army knife of Willys.
......more to come and I look forward to reading more on this forum.
D-SUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2014, 02:27 PM   #24
D-SUT
1948 CJ2A 

D-SUT is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.