CAD Drawings for SOA - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > CAD Drawings for SOA

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 11-18-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
CGrugger

1985 CJ7 

CAD Drawings for SOA

Alright. So I am looking for a good winter project. i have an 85 CJ-7, 5 speed 258. I am not positive on the axles. I am looking on fabricating some mounts for a SOA set up. I was wondering if anyone had any CAD drawings of one. I assume that axles width is the only thing that i would need to worry about with changing on the drawing if i have different axles. I am looking at fabbing these while i am at school, and then doing the work at home.

I know that if I do the SOA I will need to get break line extensions. I will need to get a drop pitman arm, t-case lowering bracket, rotate my axles up to get the correct angle, is there anything else.

I have an experienced welder that can do the welding for me. I do know the pros and cons of SOA, but this will only be my DD for a few weeks out of the year, until i get a new car when i get my senior loan.

let me know if you have thing to help, thanks.

07 WK Limited: 4.7, QT-II
CGrugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2007, 11:55 AM   #2
Blthomas
1979 CJ7 

I was going to do one, best thing is to search Google or here, many full write ups and articles, threads.

Hi-steer is recommeded, a traction (antiwrap) bar for the rear.

For mounts, I just bought new spring perches for the front and rear. New shock mounts too.

Lots to it.
Unread 11-18-2007, 10:36 PM   #3
CGrugger

1985 CJ7 

thanks for the reply. Yeah, i am going to research more, i just like the idea of fabbing stuff, i got a full fab shop here at school, plus it would probably help my grade out a bit.

07 WK Limited: 4.7, QT-II
CGrugger is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.