Cables - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Cables

Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
Denbowcj7

Cables

I just bought a new knobs for my switches and I was wandering if there was a certain way to get the knobs already on off?

Denbowcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You haven't yet put ANY information into your Profile (please complete your Profile area) so we have no clue what type of Jeep, its model type, model year, or even what knobs you're asking about. Info man, you didn't provide us with any so we can help you.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
Denbowcj7

Its an 83 cj7 and its the knobs for the switchs flr the lights, windshield wipers, and climate control
Unread 11-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, I'm moving this to the CJ Technical forum then. The only CJ I have experience with was a '73 so I can't help you. I'd look on the side of the knobs for a little set screw though.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.
Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #5
Denbowcj7

Ok
Unread 11-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
only in a jeep cj
1986 CJ7 

In oem form, the knobs are one with the three cables and light switch rod ( non removable) and separate or removable on the fan speed switch and wiper switches due to the mounting of these switches and cables through the steel dash plate. In many cases, the cables get stiff and the knobs are pulled off the ends by accident. So they sell replacement metal knobs with small set screws to attach them to the cable ends. Your doing to opposite and removing the knobs from unbroken cables... Or so it sounds.

1975 CJ-6 304 T15 Dana20 30/44 3.73
1983 CJ-8 258 T5 300 30/44 3.31 Looking for full or half hardtop buy or trade
1986 CJ-7 Laredo 4.6 stroker T5 300 30/44 3.31
1986 TJ-7 Trail Jeep project in the works
2003 Inca Gold TJ Rubicon
only in a jeep cj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.