Cable Shifter Dana 300 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Cable Shifter Dana 300

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 07-22-2007, 08:59 AM   #1
79 CJ7

Cable Shifter Dana 300

i was wondering if anyone knows the name of the company that makes the cable shifter for the dana 300. i saw them use it on that show extream 4x4 and i didnt catch the name of the company that they got it from. the peice looks really nice tho.

thanks matt

350 Chevy V8, Aluminum Tub, 33 Super Swampers, Dana 300 Transfer Case, T-176 4 Speed Transmission, Ford 9 Inch Rear, SOA Lift, Edelbrock Carb and Intake

1947 CJ 2A - Sold
79 CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2007, 09:32 AM   #2
hj7
1986 CJ7 

Northwest Fab. is where I got mine. I like it alot.I think the website is www.northwestfab.com

They are a canadian company,the shipping was fast and they where very nice about answering all my questions.

'86 cj/HJ7
'89 yj
'96 xj
hj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
petey156
1977 CJ5 

4wd.com

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...19&partID=5253
petey156 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2007, 10:42 AM   #4
hj7
1986 CJ7 

This is the company you are thinking about from Extreme 4x4. Whaley Enterprises there website is www.whaleyent.com
I heard good things from Northwest and I liked the looks of their shifter better.

'86 cj/HJ7
'89 yj
'96 xj
hj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2007, 12:04 PM   #5
jeepdaddy2000
1971 CJ5 

Gonna throw a thought in here......Throughout history cable shifters have been a mantainence nightmare. While fine on compition rigs that see a lot of mantainence time, they have a bad habit of failing over time on daily drivers due to exposure to the elements(corrosion). From Sherman splitters to overdrives, cables have given way to mechanical, electric, and hydrolic linkages for this reason.
jeepdaddy2000 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2007, 01:29 PM   #6
Rollbar
1984 CJ8 

I agree, it would be hard to keep the water/dirt/sand/mud out of the cable. Linkages are the only way to go on a DD, IMHO.

CJ8 Build Thread<---- Click
Rollbar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.