C J Heater - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > C J Heater

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 11-05-2002, 10:58 PM   #1
Crash&Burn

C J Heater

Getting ready to install the Y J body on my 79 chassic. The Y J tub did'nt have the heater however I still have the C J unit.......
I sure somebody out there has done this

I'm not as good as I once was....but I'm good once as I ever was.
Crash&Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2002, 12:10 PM   #2
TG CJ7

Well the heater is a direct bolt in. Some say that you will have to enlarge a hole in the tub for the fan motor plug. We didnt have to do that, ours bolted up perfectly. You will have to modify the cowl area to accept the CJ defrost duct.

This is the finished product. We measured out, from that center bolt, one foot in both directions. We then cut that section out, and replaced it with the exact same section cut out of the old CJ tub.
If you look really closely at the picture you can see where it was welded. The cowl didnt warp at all when we welded it because we used a lot of clamps, and tacked it in slowly, also the bend of the cowl itself resists warping.
Good luck

Check it out 1979 CJ7
TG CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2002, 12:58 PM   #3
TG CJ7

This link has a picture of the fan plug that I'm talking about.Can4x4.Com

Check it out 1979 CJ7
TG CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.