Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Buying a used 1986 CJ7

Tags
1986 cj7
4K views 36 replies 20 participants last post by  LT1CJ7 
#1 ·
Hey all!
So I've found a guy that is willing to sell me his 1986 Jeep CJ7 with 4x4 for $900..
I've never purchased a new car and I\m wondering what type of questions I should be asking him, as well as what I should be looking for when I go to check out the car?
As much as I want to just trust the guy, I can't just go by his word... How much do you think this Jeep will reallly cost me? and how hard do you think it will be to get it fixed up? (if it needs it)

I'm looking for people who have like worked with/or are specialized in fixing up Jeeps and because this is an older model, im just worried that it will end up being a big fail.

If you can think of any other info about the Jeep, you can just add it into your answer... I want allll in info about it that I can get.

Thank a bunch guys! :wave:

#31 ·
Gotta be a scam. Ad says it runs like a new "car"

#32 ·
Or its just a guy who doesn't know what he's got and wants to get rid of it. Wow, an 86 CJ7 with what appears to be laredo trim....next someone will get a pic of it from behind and underneath and it'll show rear axle diff cover with a drainplug.....:eek: At that point i may make a drive.......:cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.