buying and shipping a jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > buying and shipping a jeep

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Reply
Unread 05-23-2004, 08:33 AM   #1
dr_phatcity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 129
buying and shipping a jeep

I ran into what I think might be an AMAZING DEAL.

this guy from my neighborhood has a 1988 jeep that he has completely redone:

Fiberglass body
Power Steering
Hela Lights
Short shifter
Rebuilt Engine (inline 6)
Rebuilt Clutch
Dual Exhaust
2 inch lift
Custom tubular bumpers with spare tire mount
33" tires
Wedge speakers
New Top, full rag top, half top and rear compartment cover
Waterproof seats

I was looking for something in the 5-6K range. He is askng a bit more than that, but with all the mods -- I really like the car.

The car has been kept outside in New England so: the paint has dulled from the sun, especially the hood and the springs have rust on them.

I am moving to California, so I hoped to buy a rust free car in Cali.

I am really planning on using the car as a everyday car, so the fiberglass body and other mods sounds good, but the car is a little more than I want to pay and I would have to ship it.

Any guess how much this car is worth?

Anyone ever shipped a jeep cross country?

dr_phatcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2004, 03:07 PM   #2
JasonMonette
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_phatcity
I ran into what I think might be an AMAZING DEAL.

this guy from my neighborhood has a 1988 jeep that he has completely redone:

Fiberglass body
Power Steering
Hela Lights
Short shifter
Rebuilt Engine (inline 6)
Rebuilt Clutch
Dual Exhaust
2 inch lift
Custom tubular bumpers with spare tire mount
33" tires
Wedge speakers
New Top, full rag top, half top and rear compartment cover
Waterproof seats

I was looking for something in the 5-6K range. He is askng a bit more than that, but with all the mods -- I really like the car.

The car has been kept outside in New England so: the paint has dulled from the sun, especially the hood and the springs have rust on them.

I am moving to California, so I hoped to buy a rust free car in Cali.

I am really planning on using the car as a everyday car, so the fiberglass body and other mods sounds good, but the car is a little more than I want to pay and I would have to ship it.

Any guess how much this car is worth?

Anyone ever shipped a jeep cross country?

Just had mine shipped from Texas to Michigan, it cost $300
__________________
[center][url=http://jbmaudio.com]JBM Audio
Escaping Reality Through Home Theater[/url][/center]
JasonMonette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2004, 04:00 PM   #3
jeepsarecool
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,138
Are you buying a car or a jeep? Make up your mind Also, an '88 model is a YJ (this is the CJ forum). You might get a better response in the YJ forum, but my guess is that you can find a jeep with the same mods in the 5-6K range. Depending on a lot of other things, it might be worth what he's asking, but I didn't see anything you listed that would cost all that much. Oh, and why does he have dual exhaust on an inline 6?
__________________
Check out my Art


CJ7 - God's gift to the masochist.
jeepsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2004, 08:08 PM   #4
supersly_jones
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 192
same reason the ricers put duals on their cars...its like a 40 horse gain man...lol...jk...probably just for looks...like most people do around here
supersly_jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2004, 04:02 PM   #5
livin2learn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 57
I would steer clear of 87 and 88 YJ's

Haven't ever heard anything good out of them. For what he is asking you can get alot of nice JEEPS.

Here in Texas Jeeps sell for a Premium and an 88 YJ, with that stiff on it or not would never go for more than $5K.
I think it is a little overpriced.
just my .02, but like others stated you may want to try the YJ or Wrangler Forum since this one is for real Jeeps.
__________________
[URL=http://community.webshots.com/user/livin2learn ]'83 CJ-7 Renegade[/URL], I6-258, T-4, 1" M.O.R.E. BL, RE 2.5", Weber Carb, 33" ProComp MT
livin2learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2004, 02:10 AM   #6
Greezy Gringo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsarecool
Oh, and why does he have dual exhaust on an inline 6?
I'm putting dual exhaust on my I6, not due to the negligable performance gains but really just for looks.
__________________
'87 Grand Wagoneer
'80 CJ7
Greezy Gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2004, 09:35 AM   #7
jeepsarecool
Registered User
1982 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greezy Gringo
I'm putting dual exhaust on my I6, not due to the negligable performance gains but really just for looks.

you go for it dude!





20 characters 20 characters 20 characters 20 characters
__________________
Check out my Art


CJ7 - God's gift to the masochist.
jeepsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.