Buyin' a rig - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Buyin' a rig

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 02-19-2002, 01:25 PM   #1
mikeythefireman

Buyin' a rig

I have been out of the jeep scene for a couple years, but I am getting back in. I am looking for a little advice on the direction I should go. Right now I can get an 84 CJ7 w/ a 350 for about 4000. Or I can get a 95 w/ an I6 for about 8000. The 84 is lifted about 10" but only has 33" tires. I don't like tall jeeps so I would have to cut down the lift a bit. The 95 is stock. Any advice.

Unread 02-19-2002, 03:58 PM   #2
Jeep CJ5

I guess it comes down to what you are looking to do with the Jeep. The 84 already has the 350 in it but how is the overall condition of the vehicle? Is it a project or has it been built up correctly? You say you dont want the 10in lift so you will have to do a fair amount of 'un-doing' of what has already been done. I dont think this is the vehicle for you.

The 95 you say is stock. That is a great place to start but again it comes down to what are you looking to do with the Jeep? For the price you do get a newer vehicle but now you have less $$$ left over for your modifications.

You might also want to consider waiting for another Jeep to come along that doesnt have so much of a lift but has more of what you want.

Cheack these guys out:

www.toyboxjeeps.com

Good Luck!
Unread 02-20-2002, 08:55 AM   #3
mikeythefireman

Thanks for the advice. Cool site btw! Only downside is the transport from Florida to San Diego.

Talked to the owner of the 95, he is a friend of mine, we haggled a bit, but he will sell it to me for 6800, if I help him lift his 2001 TJ and give him an old winch for his truck. So I am gonna go that route. Besides, if I help him lift his jeep he will probably help me lift mine!

Thanks again.
I will be back with pics of the 95 and pics of the lift process of the 01.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.