Buyer beware - Tuffy Security Products - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Buyer beware - Tuffy Security Products

Black Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 05-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #61
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffy2 View Post
Hi Oregon,
I hate to hear you're having trouble with that console! I understand you called us at Tuffy regarding this issue and we said it probably wouldn't be warrantied. However, you started this post on Wednesday and e-mailed us the link to it on Thursday. Up until then we hadn't seen photos of the situation. Now that I've seen what's going on, it does look like the cleaning and prep work didn't get the job done before we PC'd it. Someone should be contacting you Monday in regards to getting this solved.
It seems like a bit of a "Perfect Storm" - the one console that had an unknown issue was the one that sat on a shelf for several years!
That's the best advertising money can buy. I bet not many of us forget about this!

Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #62
Oregon76CJ7
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffy2 View Post
Hi Oregon,
I hate to hear you're having trouble with that console! I understand you called us at Tuffy regarding this issue and we said it probably wouldn't be warrantied. However, you started this post on Wednesday and e-mailed us the link to it on Thursday. Up until then we hadn't seen photos of the situation. Now that I've seen what's going on, it does look like the cleaning and prep work didn't get the job done before we PC'd it. Someone should be contacting you Monday in regards to getting this solved.
It seems like a bit of a "Perfect Storm" - the one console that had an unknown issue was the one that sat on a shelf for several years!
Just to follow up with this story. After talking with a second Tuffy rep (maybe I did a better job explaining my situation) Tuffy did offer to refinish the console UNDER WARRANTY. Well, I received the console this week and was extremely satisfied with the job they did.

This experience has not soured my opinion of Tuffy and I plan on purchasing products from them in the future.

Thanks to everyone for their opinions.

-O76CJ7

Lastly, I will also amend my initial post to point out that Tuffy did a standup job in taking care of their customers.

Unread 08-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #63
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

A buddy pulled one out of a junkyard vehicle and it is a solid built unit. It needed a little touch up paint but it is still better then my other brand center console
Unread 08-29-2013, 09:29 AM   #64
turbogus
1978 CJ5 

Location: Albany~town, Oregon, Oregon my home and for 200 billion slugs
I'm glad it all worked out in the end. IMHO Tuffy indeed went above and beyond (so rare these days). As far as the blemishes on this console while it could've been a matter of not degreasing this console fully prior to coating at the factory, when I've encountered oxidation/corrosion issues here in our wonderful western Oregon climate (being a native) I just take it as a matter of course.
'Black Betty' hadn't a speck of rust.....until I bought 'er from Halfway, Oregon and brought 'er to the valley.
turbogus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.