Burning Smell and Head Gurgling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Burning Smell and Head Gurgling

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-14-2002, 05:32 PM   #1
NMullens

Burning Smell and Head Gurgling

I got the Jeep running for the first time in a while and drove it for less than five minutes. I could smell something burning so I opened the hood and there was very little smoke and a gurgling that sounded like it was coming right under the oil fill cap. Any ideas? Thanks.
Nathan

Unread 06-14-2002, 09:14 PM   #2
buddhasbomb

oh boy.was it an oily smell or something like paper?it sounds to me like you may have a blown head gasket,that would explain the gurgle.
buddhasbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2002, 11:40 AM   #3
NMullens

It was more of a paper smell. I thought something was just burning off but not so sure now.
Unread 06-16-2002, 05:12 PM   #4
buddhasbomb

probably a head gasket.buy or borrow a cooling system pressure tester,hook it up and watch the gauge when you start it.if it goes over 14-16 lbs
and quickly the head gasket is bad.make sure too that there isnt any water in the oil.(itll look milky if there is) buddha
buddhasbomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.