I'm starting to realize that I don't like how low the front end sits compared to the rear. In some of the pictures I took today the slope is pretty significant even with the rear tires on the ground and the front tires up on the dollies. I know the front springs are pretty flat so I will eventually swap them for the old ones I saved from my 79' to level it out.
My buddy had to hold up the garage door so I could roll the Jeep back in. I had a minor clearance issue with the top of the cage that now needs a paint touch up.
I returned my carb rebuild kit and decided to go straight to the TBI. I ran into the problem of not having enough coolant ports for all of the sensors /senders for the mechanical water temp gauge, TBI coolant sensor and the thermo switch I'm using for my fans. I made a trip to Lowe's and picked up a bunch of 3/8 NPT brass fittings to work with.
I repurposed the unused tach 'steering column' mounting ring for my fuel filter, perfect fit. I need to check into the best mounting position for the fuel pump and filter.
Then I moved onto the wiring harness and mounted it to the firewall, stepped back, looked at it and then walked away.
I ordered my Metalcloak front fenders today. I received my TBI 1' spacer and installed that too. I also reworked the brass fittings for all of the coolant sensors. I'm much happier with the way they look now.