Brakes and parts for a 72 CJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Brakes and parts for a 72 CJ

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-27-2003, 08:37 AM   #1
ejlarson

Brakes and parts for a 72 CJ

Hey guys. I hope this is ok to start another new post already!
So, I bought the Jeep and during the test drive the brakes wet out. Totally! So, we added fluid to the totally empty rear chamber of the master cylinder and they came back. They were really spongy before and at the first part of the drive, then they totally went out! I was planning on putting some work into it anyway, so no biggie. The frame, tranny, tcase, and engine are all in great shape!

Reading through other posts about brakes, I expect them to be a little spongy, but I gotta find the leak!

Here is my question. Can I find brake shoes (I assume it has drum brakes all the way around, as it is totally stock) and wheel/master cylinder parts at autozone, or any other retail chain? Being a 72 I was not sure what luck you guys had had finding parts like these readily available. Also, where would I find Stainless Steel brake lines?

Thanks Mans!

Erik

ejlarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2003, 08:39 AM   #2
CSP

The brake parts are readily available at any parts store.

Stainless lines can be found at any Jeep mail order place. Check any local 4x4 shops also.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2003, 08:41 AM   #3
rustyCJ

get yourself a 4wdhardware catalog, it will help you with what parts are available. if i dont know wether autozone will carry a part or not i always just call and ask. i believe they carry the shoes and cylinders for it.
Unread 06-27-2003, 09:27 AM   #4
ejlarson

Thanks again guys!
ejlarson is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.