Brakes locking up - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Brakes locking up

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #1
larock
1983 CJ7 

Brakes locking up

We just took it for a drive and the brakes are locking up on all four wheels. We recently replaced the new wheel cylinders and brake shoes on the rear. All four wheels are locking up. I have drum brakes on the back and disc brakes on the front. Any ideas. We've thought maybe kinked lines but then what are the chances of all four being like that, also I've heard people say it might be because I've my old brake fluid in there but I just want to hear some other ideas

larock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 02:24 PM   #2
baldfatdad

I'd take a guess at the proportioning valve. Dirt in it. They give us such fits bleeding, why won't they be a pain in the butt like this. Try cracking the lines at the master cylinder to see if fluid will back bleed from the wheel cylinders. If nothing, then try cracking the lines where they go into the prop valve and see if it back bleeds out the valve.
baldfatdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.