Brakes are going in and out of working. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Brakes are going in and out of working.

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
offroadz
1980 CJ7 

Brakes are going in and out of working.

Brakes were working fairly decent but going down the road all of a sudden it felt as if I just had the REARS working only. Pedal went down further(no pressure) and only lasted for a few miles. Then the brakes suddenly re-appeared but not great and this is kinda scary.

Just put on a new MC, dual 8" booster, new rear wheel cylinders, new proportional valve, and bleed the hell out of it.

No apparent brake fluid leaks, plenty of shoe on the rears, and no issues with the front rotor/pads.

Any ideas? I'm thinking I may have a nasty vac. leak somewhere but anything else?

Thank You!

offroadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
LumpyGrits
1985 CJ7 

Bleed'em again.
LG
LumpyGrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
offroadz
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyGrits View Post
Bleed'em again.
LG
I think your right. I just couldn't believe these needed to get bled again but the pedal going down more to the floor would indicate a loss of internal pressure and not vacuum, correct? It just weird how they came back sorta about 2 miles later.

Thanks!
offroadz is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.