Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

brake pedal return spring

Tags
cj7
13K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  torkman1983 
#1 ·
I need to buy a new one but can't find it anywhere. Everyone sells the clutch pedal return spring, are these the same springs that will work on either the brake or clutch pedal?
Thanks

#2 ·
I couldn't find one either and it is not the same as the clutch. I think your best bet is finding one at a HD or Ace Hardware that will work.

I can tell you the stock spring is 1" in diameter and 5 1/4" long when not under tension. When installed it is stretched to about 6". Hope that helps. I can provide a picture if needed.

#7 ·
Reviving an old thread here, but is there anything special about the ends? Anything with the length of them or whatever? Noticed mine was missing last week, so now I am on the search...

#9 ·
Bumping this old thread, as I need to replace my brake and clutch pedal springs.

Anyone have a definitive lead on the brake pedal spring or is the best method still to try to find one that works from a hardware store? My pedal box is missing both springs so I can't bring anything with me to match up, best I've got is this pic from CJ8.com.

Attachments

#10 ·
I just made both springs. Lowe’s sales a large 1” spring. Put it in a vice and use a cutoff wheel to cut it in about half. Then use a simple propane torch, heat up the cut end, use pliers to easily bend the end of the spring into desired hook shape.

Pic of the two I made from the single spring.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.