Brake Experts! Need some input...
The CJ's just not stopping.
Here's the stuff...
- New booster and MC
- New lines
- New wheel cylinders, shoes and pads
Here's what's been done...
- Brakes have been power/vacuum bled 3x (using the high-temp fluid)
- Exhaust has been wrapped, heat shield built
(original thought was heat from exhaust)
Here's what it's doing...
- Right after bleeding, pedal feels good... then deteriorates - feels mushy (no leaks, puddles, etc)
- Left rear appears to be only wheel stopping - if I really stand on it, that tire will skid a bit.
- Left rear was smoking after I failed to stop at a stop sign (neighborhood), rolled through... Then stopped. No skid that time, but when I got out and looked, smoke was coming from the left rear brake drum.
- First thing in am (cold), drove 50', stood on brakes... Left rear skidded slightly... Jeep sloooooowed to a stop
Any idea? Bad prop valve?