Brake Booster - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Brake Booster

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Ki

Unread 04-12-2004, 06:24 PM   #1
BL650

Brake Booster

I have a 75 CJ 5 with a fiberglass body and a tilting hood,I want to convert it to power brakes. Which jeep can I get parts off to do this.

BL650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2004, 06:33 AM   #2
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Any CJ or YJ with power brakes.
Unread 04-13-2004, 12:57 PM   #3
OKJeepin

I got an 88 YJ booster and master cylinder from the junk yard for about $25. Bought a new master cylinder ($20)using the salvage one for a core. The push rod length nor the bolt pattern are the same for your '75 (Mine's a '74), I simply drilled new mounting holes and bought an adjustable plunger rod from NAPA. You have to re-route the brake lines, I made new ones, and hook up a vacuum line, bleed the brakes and, presto, no brakes when going on that long, steep downhill when the engine dies and all your vacuum dies with it!
I ended up sticking with no booster but kept the YJ master cylinder. I also have front disc's off a '79 CJ, and that really, really helped. Some people love 'em, some people hate 'em, thats whats so great about wheelin', there's so many options and so little money!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.