Bought a coolant overflow bottle, Where the heck does it mount - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Bought a coolant overflow bottle, Where the heck does it mount

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinAlloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #16
wellmax
1984 CJ7 

get a new bottle, plastic gets old and brittle.

mine is a 1984 model with the power house 4 banger engine, but it had one in the exact place as the one in the pictures. I got it from quadratec, works fine.

you need one if you have kids or pets, as the old radiators will spit out radiator fluid sometimes, with the overflow bottle it stops this problem.

old type fluid must taste sweet as I am told kids and pets will drink it.

wellmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #17
james04si

1977 CJ5 

Yeah got my overflow bottle from quadratec a couple years ago for less than $30 shipped. If you don't care about the original bottle most auto parts stores have a generic one for $10 or so.

The washer bottle setup on the other hand is quite expensive at $80ish or so. I went with a generic one from auto zone for $35 since I was missing all parts and too cheap for original.
james04si is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.