bought this from Collins Brothers Jeep for 8k - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > bought this from Collins Brothers Jeep for 8k

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 02-01-2006, 04:16 AM   #1
blacksambellamy

bought this from Collins Brothers Jeep for 8k

my friend just bought this from Collins Brothers Jeep for 8k

1983 Jeep CJ-7 Copper Metallic/Black Supertop/Bestop Cloth Seats, Many thousands invested in this Jeep by previous owner, 4 inch suspension lift, extended steel braided brake lines, greasable heavy duty tow shackles, black tube front bumper, eagle eye lights, Black diamond plate side rocker guards, double tube rear bumper, heavy duty custom tire carrier with full size 33x12.50x15 spare, 10 inch wide alloy wheels with 33x12.50x15 MT's, New Windshield frame and glass, PS, PB, T-176 4 spd., V-8 AMC Conversion, Headers, Edelbrock intake, Edelbrock carb. Engine runs strong, Jeep drives good. This is a beast. Due to performance V-8 conversion we will sell this Jeep as OFF-ROAD use only if purchased by a Texas resident. Title transferred only NO registration issued. priced well below cost to build. Great hunting Jeep or off-road toy. Only! $8,995.00 Stock# 6756

blacksambellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2006, 06:15 AM   #2
143hc
1984 CJ7 

Dang!!! I've been eyeing that one! What V8 is in it? Looks great!
Unread 02-01-2006, 09:29 AM   #3
nozzleram

I'm not from Texas and you may have laws down there against having V8s in vehicles but why would they recommmend this Jeep as only off road? The Jeep had the option of comming from the factory with a V8. So what if the engine is built up a little.

Am I missing something here? I re-read the post and still see nothing that would prevent this rig from being able to drive down the street. It must be something with the registration.
Unread 02-01-2006, 08:43 PM   #4
Aphelion79

Hell give me the money for it and I'll buy it for ya then sell it to you for free lol

Although it may look like my Jeep when you get it though
Dana 30 Front | AMC 20 Rear
Aphelion79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2006, 10:15 PM   #5
Pacfanweb
Go Wolfpack

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozzleram
I'm not from Texas and you may have laws down there against having V8s in vehicles but why would they recommmend this Jeep as only off road? The Jeep had the option of comming from the factory with a V8. So what if the engine is built up a little.

Am I missing something here? I re-read the post and still see nothing that would prevent this rig from being able to drive down the street. It must be something with the registration.
Yes, you're missing something.

Jeep stopped putting V-8's in CJ's after 1981. This one is a 1983.
Pacfanweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2006, 04:29 AM   #6
blacksambellamy

This jeep is going to NJ and the cops there dont know or care what engine should be in this puppy. As far as inspection just pay someone off for the sticker.
Unread 02-02-2006, 05:20 AM   #7
onehundred
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksambellamy
This jeep is going to NJ and the cops there dont know or care what engine should be in this puppy. As far as inspection just pay someone off for the sticker.
The Cops in Texas don't care what motor is in it either. I have no idea where Collins Brothers is coming from with the offroad only. But in Texas the only legal way to transfer the title is to register the vehicle. Collins Brothers is also a car dealer and cannot legally sell the vehicle without a current inspection sticker. Just a little trivia.
Unread 02-02-2006, 11:41 AM   #8
RJsfun

Collins Brothers is an absolute rip off!!!!!!
I have never seen Jeeps priced so high in my enitre life. And were not talking built either. Most have Budget Boosts, or some suspension that has absolutely no reputation. I haven't seen one equipted with a SYE kit or CV styled drive shafts.
They also quote "Restorations starting at $35,000". WHATEVER! For what? A CJ has less than 1/4 of the wiring, sensors, interior, body mass, electronics, etc. of a 2006 0 miled SUV, for less than 1/3 of that cost.
I guess everything is big in Texas, including Collins Brothers price mark up.
Two words- RIP OFF!!!!!!!!
RJsfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2006, 11:52 AM   #9
CJ5_Fan
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJsfun
I have never seen Jeeps priced so high in my enitre life. And were not talking built either.
The price of a CJ varies greatly from state to state..... Here in California, a fully restored CJ5 would be able to get 9K.

I guess it is simply a 'suppy and demand' issue offset by how popular the vehicles are. In California, jeeps are extreamly popular and a clean one command a good price as compared to other states.

Click HERE to check out my CJ5 restoration project page

Last edited by CJ5_Fan; 02-02-2006 at 12:21 PM..
CJ5_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2006, 12:51 PM   #10
RJsfun

Here in Colorado, Jeeps are a dime a dozen.
I always check Craigslist for my next project.

I was just absolutely shocked by Collins Brothers prices!
RJsfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2006, 12:59 PM   #11
blacksambellamy

here in nj you cant find any cjs so i guess thats why someone offers to buy my puppy weekly
Unread 02-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #12
rhenderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJsfun View Post
I have never seen Jeeps priced so high in my enitre life. And were not talking built either. Most have Budget Boosts, or some suspension that has absolutely no reputation. I haven't seen one equipted with a SYE kit or CV styled drive shafts.
They also quote "Restorations starting at $35,000". WHATEVER! For what? A CJ has less than 1/4 of the wiring, sensors, interior, body mass, electronics, etc. of a 2006 0 miled SUV, for less than 1/3 of that cost.
I guess everything is big in Texas, including Collins Brothers price mark up.
Two words- RIP OFF!!!!!!!!
Most people that restore their own CJ's back to original have a lot more than $35,000.00 tied up in them.. I have been working in Jeep Parts since 1983 when I started with my first dealership in Alabama. From there I went to Leon Rosser Jeep who handled parts for all CJ's dating back to the early CJ2's.. Some of you old time Jeepers may remember them.. I have seen people put in $100,000.00 in their projects & never think twice about it so $35,000.00 is not unreasonable. Also CB stands behind their Jeeps.. If you have a problem with one that was recently purchased, they will take care of it.. It's all about customer service. I think rip off is a harsh word especially condifering they sell approx 40 Jeeps a month to happy customers.
rhenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #13
LT1CJ7
1983 CJ7 

I don't think they will stand behind a 6 year old purchase
LT1CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #14
scrapman
1984 CJ7 

Must have been hired by Collins Bro's to try and combat negative publicity
His hometown is the same as Collins Bro's.
scrapman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #15
LT1CJ7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapman View Post
Must have been hired by Collins Bro's to try and combat negative publicity
His hometown is the same as Collins Bro's.
but didn't want to give him a softie
LT1CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.