"Bonanza" Carb/Choke Bracket - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > "Bonanza" Carb/Choke Bracket

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-01-2014, 04:22 AM   #1
Red_Wolf
1978 CJ7 

"Bonanza" Carb/Choke Bracket

Howdy everyone,

After lurking on here a while, I've noticed there is a tendency for first-time posts to be centered around needing "something" such as advice, info, pics, etc. I wanted to do things differently and actually provide a CONTRIBUTION as a part of my first post rather than a REQUEST.

It's great to be a member on here and I hope to continue to learn as time goes on.

In addition to the Team Rush Upgrade, I also installed a 2150 carb which have me the opportunity to put my spin on the factory throttle cable question for a straight-pull-back design. What I came up with,
I informally named after the highly popular Bonanza Aircraft with the unique V-Tail. In this case, the bracket supports both the factory throttle cable and my manual choke cable.

The entire bracket was made out of 1/4" mild steel and was TIG welded. I had to grind the throttle-side "finger" down to a thickness that would allow the plastic square (not sure of the proper name) of the cable pass through and hold.

Ultimately, in the end, I hope this helps or inspires at least one other person.

Please feel free to critique.

image.jpg   image-1.jpg   image-2.jpg   image-6.jpg   image-3.jpg  

image-7.jpg   image-8.jpg   image-9.jpg   image-5.jpg  

- Mikhail Kalashnikov
Red_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2014, 11:02 AM   #2
Dngrs1
1979 CJ7 

Very simplistic yet very functional design. My compliments. I am also tickled at how you labeled the carb components with sharpie.
Unread 01-01-2014, 03:56 PM   #3
Red_Wolf
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrs1 View Post
Very simplistic yet very functional design. My compliments. I am also tickled at how you labeled the carb components with sharpie.
Thankyou Sir...You know, I was gonna wipe off the marker with some carb cleaner on a rag before taking the pictures but I decided to be honest and show everyone just how much of a "newbie" I really am to all of this.

- Mikhail Kalashnikov
Unread 01-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #4
ScroungerLee
1986 CJ7 

Very nicely done. You should consider posting some drawings in the drawings sticky thread.
ScroungerLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2014, 10:23 PM   #5
CrankyD
1983 CJ7 

Nice work!
CrankyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 08:21 PM   #6
Red_Wolf
1978 CJ7 

Thanks y'all, I appreciate it.

- Mikhail Kalashnikov
Unread 01-08-2014, 07:55 AM   #7
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

I like the knickname for that.

Now you will need to design one for those with automatics that need a kickdown cable..
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.