Body tub help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Body tub help

Advance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-22-2002, 02:29 PM   #1
johnnyamc

Body tub help

I have a 1978 Jeep CJ7. It has a bestop on it. It leaks like a paper bag. I plan to replace it with a hard top once I put a motor in the jeep. My question is the 81/82-95 CJ7 and Wranglers use door strikers. Are the tubs different or the same on my 78 if I wanted to put on door strikers and a Wrangler top. I was looking at them on ebay and compared with my Jeep and it did not look as if they would work. Any help would be greatly apprciated.

Unread 05-23-2002, 07:47 AM   #2
CJeep
Alpha dog

1982 CJ8 

Get a new set (or good used) set of strikers, and everything will match up just fine.

2004 Grand Limited 4.7 HO - OH Boy!

2010 Grand Laredo 5.7 Hemi - SICK - work vehicle -gone - replaced by an 08 Tahoe - nice ride.

"Both my Doberman and my Jeep can accurately be described as 'black and rust.'"

"I got a fever . . . and the only prescription is more cowbell"
CJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2002, 11:12 AM   #3
GroundUpCJ7

The hard top is identical, the doors are different. If you get the stock doors for anything before 81, you don't need the strikers, if you get anything 81 and after, you need the strikers.
Unread 05-23-2002, 03:20 PM   #4
yj7redlion

the tubs are slightly different with the 81's and newer having a raised panel behind the door to accept the stricker. since 81 and pioror hooked to the dioor jamb the don's have it. You may be able to retro fit it but i don;t know of anyone that has tried that.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.