body mount bushings - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > body mount bushings

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 07-16-2005, 03:45 PM   #1
durdenclub

body mount bushings

I have the energy suspension bushing set, but it only came with the polyurethane pieces. I am looking for the metal sleeves that go inside the poly bushings, does anyone know where I can find them because mine have completely rusted away.
thank you!

New mods for rebuild: skyjacker 4" lift, Headers, Custom Exhaust, Edlebrock Carb.....
durdenclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2005, 10:43 AM   #2
Rockram1

I would send them back as there not correct. They should have come with them. I got the Daystar and they come with the steel piece inside them.
Unread 07-17-2005, 11:28 AM   #3
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Agreed... go with Daystar on bodylift kits.
Unread 07-17-2005, 12:01 PM   #4
jeepduo
1978 CJ7 

A friend of mine showed me a roll of bushing material that came with his fiberglass 5 body. You just cut what ever size bushing you want. Anyone else seen these? How about them? Anygood? And can you get the sleeves only? I'm full of questions I guess.
Unread 07-17-2005, 01:47 PM   #5
Geer_hed

You can just get your own bushings, like this guy.

Unread 07-17-2005, 05:12 PM   #6
jeepduo
1978 CJ7 

thanks for the info, thats a great money saver. Looks like a good idea all around
Unread 07-17-2005, 06:33 PM   #7
John N
1981 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepduo
thanks for the info, thats a great money saver. Looks like a good idea all around
No No No No!!!! Hockey pucks will not hold up!! The rubber will break down. If you're subject to any safty inspection, it is cause to be failed. I believe that, here in Va. (which the person in that picture is), hockey pucks are specificly stated as not legal for state inspection.

If you have a Lowes Hardware near you, their hardware section has a drawer of bushings that may work. I do prefer the Daystar 1" body lift. I've installed 3 of them and they come with all of the parts needed except patience and a fire wrench.
John N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2005, 09:16 PM   #8
Geer_hed

Ok so before you slap me... he said he already had his own body lift kit, just no bushings... the hockey puck pic and writeup was more of a pictoral how-to of what to do with your own bushings, not necessarily an endorsement of the hockey puck lift. Though honestly John, I've known more than a couple of people to be happy (atleast with their wallets) with the pucks if they're reinforced with the bushings, and that was years ago. of course, I have no idea how they faired with inspection, but we all know how effective a buddy can be there...
Unread 07-22-2005, 11:31 AM   #9
Panteradon
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hockey Pucks

I don't know about legal, but I have had hockey pucks under my early Bronco body for two years now and they look and feel like brand new. Total cost= $8.00

BTW - Becaue I have heard they they deteriorate, I check them periodically.

Don
Panteradon is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.