Body lift vs. Suspension Lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Body lift vs. Suspension Lift

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 02-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
jmreagan
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Body lift vs. Suspension Lift

I just bought my first jeep. It is a stock 03 TJ sport. I want to fit bigger tires than the stock 31x9.5's it came with. I would like to put 32x10.50's on it. My question is which lift is better body or suspension? The body lift is really affordable and I could do myself easily. I only want to lift it 2 inches. I could do the suspension kit but I don't want to deal with brake lines or any other mods. Is it really worth it for the suspension lift? What are the advantages of each? Thanks!

jmreagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2006, 07:15 PM   #2
CJmadison
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Body lift will just give you the clearance for bigger tires.
Unread 02-09-2006, 09:00 PM   #3
Wolf359
WOLF359

2008 JK Wrangler 

The body lift is harder to do in my opinion. I put replaced my body bushings and found that a couple of mouting points are above my tank.. in a CJ. The suspension lift was a piece of cake... just leaf spring replacement.

I just realized you're in the wrong forum... this is the CJ section. There's a TJ specific area where those folks will know more about your generation Jeep

The suspension lift for your TJ will require more work because of the coils. Go with the suspension lift in any case... you'll have more clearance.
Wolf359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2006, 12:10 AM   #4
hmmhoyhoy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Like Peteman said, suspension over body. I personally think anything over a 1 inch body lift is ugly{my opinion} But theres lots of options for TJs other than just body
37" BFG AT's

02 WJ Overland
hmmhoyhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2006, 02:49 PM   #5
No_Bs
1977 CJ5 

I helped one of my buddies put on a 2" body lift on his TJ, it was very easy, but I do not see how 32's would fit. His 31's hardly do. If your jeep has air conditioning, it's a but harder and is "impossible" in manufature's eyes, but a little bit of ingeuity can get around that I found. If you just want looks, body is kinda ugly, but if you just want bigger tires, it works. I can't see 32's fitting under a 2" body though. I would say go suspension if you want bigger than 31's.
No_Bs is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.