Body Lift??? (Hockey Puck) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Body Lift??? (Hockey Puck)

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 03-03-2002, 01:31 PM   #1
AeroViper1

Body Lift??? (Hockey Puck)

Has anybody used Hockey pucks for a 1" body lift?...I read somewhere that you can drill a hole in the center and pick up some bolts to do a body lift...what are the dangers of this?

AeroViper1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2002, 01:34 PM   #2
Travis

Never heard of that but I don't see why you couldn't. All a body lift is are blocks of plastic. I would think that hockey pucks would be more expensive though. How much do they run?
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2002, 10:09 PM   #3
Bill Zebub

Yes it works -- I did that on a 76 Chevy Blazer I had years ago. Drill the hole large enough to fit your bolt through, I had one split on me soon after I did it. Otherwise it held up fine - truck went to the junkyard 4 years later with the lift still there. When I did my lift I think I paid about $2 per puck. Dont but the NHL team pucks, buy the cheapest you can find, they're all the same.
Bill
Bill Zebub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2002, 12:03 AM   #4
Crash&Burn

I'm replacing the body of my CJ now, and the new body mount kit I'm using the stock mounts are the same thickness as a hockey puck, so I don't think you will gain anything.

I'm not as good as I once was....but I'm good once as I ever was.
Crash&Burn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2002, 07:58 AM   #5
AeroViper1

Hockey pucks run @ $1.99 a piece plus bolts, there are 11 points between the body and the frame so $22.00 plus bolts, (how much does a grade 8 bolt, about 3" run?)...I think it'll be less than a "name brand" body lift. Crash&Burn...You put the puck between the body mount and the body...on top of the stock rubber.
Unread 03-05-2002, 08:01 AM   #6
AeroViper1

Now that I read more...It says, for bolts, I need

6 bolts @ 4-3/4"x1/2"
5 bolts @ 3-5/8"x7/16"

Here's the link, It's a great site with a lot of info on mod installations... http://www.bc4x4.com/faqs/yj.cfm?cat=2&faqid=8
Unread 03-06-2002, 12:59 PM   #7
KeenCJ7

It works well, I have an 84 CJ7 and I beat the piss out of it and I have had no problem with mine!
KeenCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.