Body Lift??? (Hockey Puck) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Body Lift??? (Hockey Puck)

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 03-03-2002, 12:31 PM   #1
AeroViper1

Body Lift??? (Hockey Puck)

Has anybody used Hockey pucks for a 1" body lift?...I read somewhere that you can drill a hole in the center and pick up some bolts to do a body lift...what are the dangers of this?

AeroViper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2002, 12:34 PM   #2
Travis

Never heard of that but I don't see why you couldn't. All a body lift is are blocks of plastic. I would think that hockey pucks would be more expensive though. How much do they run?
Travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2002, 09:09 PM   #3
Bill Zebub

Yes it works -- I did that on a 76 Chevy Blazer I had years ago. Drill the hole large enough to fit your bolt through, I had one split on me soon after I did it. Otherwise it held up fine - truck went to the junkyard 4 years later with the lift still there. When I did my lift I think I paid about $2 per puck. Dont but the NHL team pucks, buy the cheapest you can find, they're all the same.
Bill
Bill Zebub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2002, 11:03 PM   #4
Crash&Burn

I'm replacing the body of my CJ now, and the new body mount kit I'm using the stock mounts are the same thickness as a hockey puck, so I don't think you will gain anything.

I'm not as good as I once was....but I'm good once as I ever was.
Crash&Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2002, 06:58 AM   #5
AeroViper1

Hockey pucks run @ $1.99 a piece plus bolts, there are 11 points between the body and the frame so $22.00 plus bolts, (how much does a grade 8 bolt, about 3" run?)...I think it'll be less than a "name brand" body lift. Crash&Burn...You put the puck between the body mount and the body...on top of the stock rubber.
Unread 03-05-2002, 07:01 AM   #6
AeroViper1

Now that I read more...It says, for bolts, I need

6 bolts @ 4-3/4"x1/2"
5 bolts @ 3-5/8"x7/16"

Here's the link, It's a great site with a lot of info on mod installations... http://www.bc4x4.com/faqs/yj.cfm?cat=2&faqid=8
Unread 03-06-2002, 11:59 AM   #7
KeenCJ7

It works well, I have an 84 CJ7 and I beat the piss out of it and I have had no problem with mine!
KeenCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.