Blue Levi interior for black - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Blue Levi interior for black

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
mikemann0
1977 CJ7 

Blue Levi interior for black

I just purchased this Jeep and it has the blue Levi interior ( door panels,visors,dash,front lowback seats and rear fixed seat ) The jeep is all black and white except for the Levi pieces , Im definately changing to all black but my question is should I hold on to the blue Levi interior or sell it , Dont need to sell it but if so , Sell all as a whole or piece by piece , by the way its a frankenjeep of at least 3 years so Im not breaking up a pure Levi Jeep , What do you all think I should do ?

mikemann0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 06:46 AM   #2
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

From what I've seen you have a rare color to find. I would have guessed blue to be one of the more readily available colors to find but it's not. I just had to cut into my flawless blue dash pad to fit my front roll bar hoop tighter to the dash / windshield. I cringed every time I sliced the vinyl!! Some pads had recessed ends, mine were not in an '82.
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
mikemann0
1977 CJ7 

Your right about the blue being hard to find , During my search a majority of them are tan so maybe I should hold on to the interior even though I am changing to black , I just bought it and the whole jeep is white with black bolt-ons , Just looks weird with the blue interior , If it was blue like yours Renegade82 I'd leave it , Good looking Jeep by the way.
Unread 10-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #4
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

MikemannO,

If your seats are decent, a cheap way to go black is put a set of Bestop seat covers on them. They fit very nicely and retain the same seam lines as the originals. Mine seem to be holding up well.

However, Bestop stop making seat covers for the fixed rear seat. I used the cover made for the later models folding rear seat. It's not a perfect fit, but close enough.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/24261_15_07.htm

I think the black dash pad, door panels, and visors are readily available from Quadratec and Morris, as well.

Like you, I prefer the black over the blue, but I'm sure someone would gladly buy yours as a set.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 08:10 AM   #5
mikemann0
1977 CJ7 

Thanks Matt , I did swap the fronts out for highbacks for comfort and safety already , need to do a fold and tumble for the rear so no cover for me , The fixed seat dont let me run the duster cover I have , I bought a set of black plastic doorpanels off ebay along with no carpet in my fiberglass tub and vinyl seats its just hose it out and go.
Unread 10-04-2011, 11:11 AM   #6
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

I would probably just sell them, because I highly doubt you will ever go back to them, and unless you can storet he min a dry, rodent free place, they will just go downhill from mildew and nesting, you will always be tripping over them, and they will just deteriorate from age.

I have tried to store interior parts from my old parts vehicles, and they always get a dank musty smell. I only had a shed and a basement, and even the slight moisture took it's toll on them. No use letting rare pieces go to waste in storage. There always seems to be someone out there looking for them.

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #7
Pathkiller
1974 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post
I would probably just sell them, because I highly doubt you will ever go back to them, and unless you can storet he min a dry, rodent free place, they will just go downhill from mildew and nesting, you will always be tripping over them, and they will just deteriorate from age.

I have tried to store interior parts from my old parts vehicles, and they always get a dank musty smell. I only had a shed and a basement, and even the slight moisture took it's toll on them. No use letting rare pieces go to waste in storage. There always seems to be someone out there looking for them.

Furthermore, if demand for them continues to increase, it's only a matter of time until some enterprising soul starts making decent reproductions, undermining the price of used, less than perfect originals.
Unread 10-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #8
babyblue79
1979 CJ7 

if you decide to get rid of them I could use your drivers seat if it does not have any cracks. The drivers on mine is cracked pretty bad but the others are in great shape.
babyblue79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Thanks MikeMann. It's about to undergo a resto.
I'm not sure if babyblue is referring to cracks in the seat frame (been there done that) or in the seat cover, but I'd be interested in hearing what you'd want for the seat cover. That is if your not going to sell them as a set, or if your even going to sell them. My drivers side is garnett with a seat cover over both sides.

edit: Sorry, I just seen you said lowbacks. Mine are highbacks. Scratch that.
Unread 10-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #10
mikemann0
1977 CJ7 

Not real sure if I am going to sell them just yet , but if I do I prob. will try to do a package sale first since its all the same jeep parts , age , condition , you know what I mean , just now seen the buttons alone on ebay - asking a bit for just them - WOW .
Unread 10-05-2011, 06:36 AM   #11
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Probably a good call, at least initially.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.