Bleed Power Steering Help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Bleed Power Steering Help

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 03-18-2003, 10:30 AM   #1
DaRaidz

Bleed Power Steering Help

I had to replace the hoses on my '86 CJ7 power steering last weekend and went through the process I had heard that would bleed the air from the lines....Jack up the front wheels and then with the Jeep running, I turned the wheels back and forth and added fluid. Seemed to do just fine while jacked up, then I took it wheelin on Saturday and ran for several hours. The power steering does not work like it used to on full turns. Going straight and minor turning works great, but full hard turns is still very hard. It seems to not take any more fluid and is not foaming like it's ridding itself of any more air in the lines. Almost like it is vapor locked in the lines. I had heard that driving it around for 20-30 will take care of it, but it hasn't seemed to help yet. Any ideas?

Unread 03-18-2003, 06:56 PM   #2
2tall79

Check out this site, chapter 4.
http://www.agrperformance.com/103/InstallationWeb.pdf

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.