Blazer Heater Mod Help!? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Blazer Heater Mod Help!?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 10-04-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
batmn77
1982 CJ7 

Blazer Heater Mod Help!?

I put the upgraded heater motor in the jeep. Hooked everything up and I get nothing when I turn the fan switch on. The only thing that happens when I turn it on is that the volt meter drops down to like 10 volts, and then when I turn it on high it drops to all the way and if I keep the switch on the fuse eventually blows. The motor is not turning on. I ran a wire from the motor straight to the battery to see if it would turn on and it did not. The 12ga jumper wire got extremely hot.

batmn77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #2
gojeepin
1983 CJ7 

Did you get the motor with the right shaft length? There are two that look the same but the shaft on one of them is longer. Your squirrel cage may be stuck on the housing.

83 CJ7, 4.1L 6cyl (4.0L bored .030" over), 35" tires, T-5 transmission, Dana 300 TC, Trussed AMC 20.
gojeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
batmn77
1982 CJ7 

i bought the pm102. that's what i was told to use for a jeep with a factory a/c.
batmn77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
chet44
Web Wheeler
1985 CJ7 

Sounds like your squirrel cage is binding. I had to put mine in twice for that.
chet44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
gojeepin
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmn77 View Post
i bought the pm102. that's what i was told to use for a jeep with a factory a/c.
Some members have found out the hard way that the model PM102 is sometimes mislabeled or just a variant is put in the wrong box.

Does the squirrel cage spin freely by hand?

83 CJ7, 4.1L 6cyl (4.0L bored .030" over), 35" tires, T-5 transmission, Dana 300 TC, Trussed AMC 20.
gojeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2011, 04:24 AM   #6
Erik719
1983 CJ7 

So what is the correct length of the shaft?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.