Blazer Blower Motor. What heater core - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Blazer Blower Motor. What heater core

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
jarcher401

Blazer Blower Motor. What heater core

So I plan to rebuild my heater box with the blazer motor. I was told there is a 3 speed and a 2 speed heater core. What is the difference, and what should I put back in?

jarcher401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 04:56 AM   #2
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Heater Core doesn't have any speeds, it's just a small radiator that emits heat. The fan blows across the Heating Core to provide the heat you feel in the cab.

The Blower Fan is 3 speed provided you have the 3 speed fan switch and resistor pack installed.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 06:48 AM   #3
yahwhy
1982 CJ7 

There are some different heater cores, aluminum or copper, and some have the tubes going into the core squared, where they are brazed to the core, this makes them stronger and less prone to the brazing/weld breaking when installing/removing the heater hoses.
yahwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 09:52 PM   #4
jarcher401

I read that with the higher flow of a 3 speed motor I would need a thicker core to slow the moving air down enough so heat exchange could take place
jarcher401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarcher401 View Post
I read that with the higher flow of a 3 speed motor I would need a thicker core to slow the moving air down enough so heat exchange could take place
where did you read this? like said above, square tube vs round tube, and a heater core made of copper of course is the better (made in AMERICA).. you want to stay away from that CHINESE CRAP.. Blower motor the same, stay away from that CHINESE CRAP.. buy AMERICAN or CANADIAN..
Unread 05-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #6
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarcher401
Sounds like hooey to me. I used my original core and the heater cooks......it almost exchanges heat too well!
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #7
frhrwa
Fish'n Fool

1984 CJ7 

I was going to say the same thing, just wanted to see where he read that baloney.. my stock core puts out 3 times the heat that it used to.. and the defrost doesn't let any ice or snow stay on the windshield.. works like it should have 45 years ago when I was freezing my a$$ off in the mtns of Colorado and California.. and, having to stop and scrape ice and snow off the windshield so I could see..

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.