to blast or not to blast? (new ideas) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > to blast or not to blast? (new ideas)

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 10-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
seabass1858
CJ Literate

1983 CJ7 

to blast or not to blast? (new ideas)

I have been throwing the idea whether or not to sand blast my jeep. Since my tub is only bad in a few areas like rockers and where the floor pan meets the tub, i need to effectivly undercoat the chasis and body. I was thinking of some duplicolor rust fix in some bad areas and just using a primer/sealer and rustoleum undercoat on the frame. I was thinking about using duplicolor bed armor on the tub and seam sealer where needed. What are your opinions? I know cut and welding are in the very near future but I would like to get as much as i can now. I am looking to do this this weekend with store bought material if I go this route.

seabass1858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
CSP

If you do blast it don't sandblast it. Sandblasting warps sheetmetal very easily. Media blasting with plastic media or something like crushed walnut shells is what you'd want to use on a tub.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
seabass1858
CJ Literate

1983 CJ7 

I posted detailed pics of rust on my build thread titled the new chapter so maybe ill get some insite. Im thinking wirewheel/fapdisk and using rust mort, primer sealer and undercoat whether it be duplicolor or rustoleum.
seabass1858 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.