Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Black Mountain winches?

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  jeepcj71983 
#1 ·
i'm looking to hopefully get a winch soon and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the BLACK MOUNTAIN winches? they seem to be very well priced but i don't want to waste money on something that won't last. who does? i don't do any "hardcore wheelin" (especially with the crappy T4 trans, and little 31" tires) but i often take my family out on trips by ourselves and i just don't want to get stuck! i have used my HiLift jack once for extraction purposes, and paid a farmer with a tractor another time to get me out. i wasn't on his land; he lived a few miles down the road.

also, i don't want to permanently mount the winch to the front end so i would like to know if anyone uses a winch cradle and receiver hitch front bumper; and if so, how well this set-up works? there may come a day where i may have to back out and would like to mount the winch on the rear receiver if need be.

any input/advice/criticism would be appreciated :D thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.