Billy G's, YJ to CJ conversion, Trips and General BS - Page 162 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Billy G's, YJ to CJ conversion, Trips and General BS

Save 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #2416
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

That looks like a nice kit John! Bill will probably clean it like my father-in-law... run a patch down the barrel and call it good. I had to show him how to strip the bolt down.

Unread 01-01-2014, 12:52 AM   #2417
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Thanks for looking In on my thread guys. 2013 has been a tough year for many of us, From major surgery for one of our JF friends in the begining of the year, to numerous plumbing and home repair issues, along with Jeep problems for another, job loss for a couple others to health issues with parents. MoC's dad, and most recently double bypass surgery for my Mom the day after Christmas.
Here's hopeing 2014 is better for all of us.

Some of the highlights for my year with fellow JF members were at least 3 times visiting my good friend Jim Crabtree in Missouri, one of those times was meeting Dave (243) at Jim's home.
The 24 hours I spent with MoC at the Superlift park in Hot Springs AR. and off roading in my cj5.
Was it 2013 George, when we met for the first time in Indiana at the Badlands, or was it '12?

The numerous texts and phone calls with Scott, Foxe, Dave, Paul, Matt, Fred, Chris, and last but not least, George.

Thanks men, I am proud to call you my friends.

On a side note, I spent the day with my Dad today. One of my Moms nurses' was a former Army Ranger, I thanked the young man for his service to our country. At this same time , with my Dad standing next to me, I told the Ranger of my Dads Air Force service in Korea. Today while my dad and I were together he told me he was a little embarrassed that I mentioned his time in the Air force. Dad told me today that he didnt feel he was in the same league as some Veterans. He also related to me a time he met a WW2 Vet who was at Normandy. I told my Dad that his service was just a important as any other Vet, he kept F84's and F86's in the air over Korea, I told Dad that I was proud to let others know what he did. During our talk we were driving around in the Rubicon, so my eyes were focused mainly on the road. At a stop light I looked over at my Dad, he was wiping tears from his eyes. This is a day I won't forget.

Happy 2014 everyone , may our 2014 be a great one for all of us!!!

Billy G.
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 02:49 AM   #2418
Darksidehybrid
1980 CJ5 

Well said Bill, happy 2014 to all of you, and all your family and friends.
Unread 01-01-2014, 07:09 AM   #2419
gmakra
1985 CJ7 

Hey Bill well said! I also wish a prosperous and Happy New Year to my friends and acquaintances on this forum or as the SheGator calls it Jeep Facebook.

A special thanks to Matt who I have never met in person but we have talked on the phone several times. Matt especially makes me chuckle since I envision him sitting at his desk that makes the control center from a nuclear power plant look like an old relic and preaches about how the old technology is better than the new stuff; while yakking away on his IPhone and Mac Computer.

And what can you say about the Skipper? He has a knack to make a mundane trip to the grocery store into an epic adventure and provide many laughs along the way!

And to Jim whose accent is so Southern; that it makes Skipper sound like he is a Yankee! While providing pearls of wisdom.

To MoC I also wish to see have a very good new year and his fleas find some good dogs to pester.

And to Fred who is a French speaking Texan who is quite knowledgeable on Jeeps. Now there is something to try wrap your noggin around!

To Shawn I hope you have a great year.

And to Billy who is a very special friend with a great sense of humor I wish you to have a great New Year you have everything a man could want a great wife, Jeeps, Grand kids, dogs and a heated steering wheel.
And yes Billy it twas I who hid your snow shovels so that you would get in trouble for not doing your Honey Do List!!!!!
And I think its was in 12 that we met a the Badlands.
gmakra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 10:11 AM   #2420
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Papa Bill!!

Perhaps 2014 will be the year we can meet in person. I hope so.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #2421
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Same goes for Hieny and the SheGator!!

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 10:49 AM   #2422
FLynes
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
...On a side note, I spent the day with my Dad today. One of my Moms nurses' was a former Army Ranger, I thanked the young man for his service to our country. At this same time , with my Dad standing next to me, I told the Ranger of my Dads Air Force service in Korea. Today while my dad and I were together he told me he was a little embarrassed that I mentioned his time in the Air force. Dad told me today that he didnt feel he was in the same league as some Veterans. He also related to me a time he met a WW2 Vet who was at Normandy. I told my Dad that his service was just a important as any other Vet, he kept F84's and F86's in the air over Korea, I told Dad that I was proud to let others know what he did. During our talk we were driving around in the Rubicon, so my eyes were focused mainly on the road. At a stop light I looked over at my Dad, he was wiping tears from his eyes. This is a day I won't forget.

Happy 2014 everyone , may our 2014 be a great one for all of us!!!

Billy G.
Good talking to you this morning, Bill. I'm glad you told your Dad that EVERY servicemember, no matter what their job, is important to the success of our Forces' missions. I never understood some of the guys I served with, who looked down on the Admin folks....without them, our paperwork would never get done and we might not get paid, have our schools added to our files, etc. Fixing aircraft is EXTREMELY important! When I was a UH-1 crewchief, our pilots continuously told us that what we did was more important than what they did, because we kept them alive....personally, I always felt that them being able to fly was pretty important, because that ensured we stayed in the air, but I digress.

Thank your Dad for me.

Happy New Year, buddy!

High Plains Drifter
1976 CJ-5
Lime Green
Black Wellington Vinyl Bench Seats
258 I-6 1bbl
T-150 3-Speed
3.54:1 Open Gears

Grammar Test
FLynes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2014, 11:20 AM   #2423
TKFireman
1980 CJ7 

Happy new year Bill, well said sir
Unread 01-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #2424
swatson454
Web Wheeler

1983 CJ7 

Happy New Year to a pretty darn good group of guys

Shawn
Unread 01-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #2425
MoC
1986 CJ7 

When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always be worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.

Happy New Year everyone.
Unread 01-02-2014, 12:50 PM   #2426
ScroungerLee
1986 CJ7 

Although I have never had a chance to talk to any of you personally, I feel I have gotten to know you from this thread. I hope 2014 will be a better year for all of us!
ScroungerLee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2014, 03:53 PM   #2427
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

New Year?? It's a new year? Holy Crap... I gotta wake up! All I know is that it's supposed to be 22* Monday night.

I am blessed. Love you Guys.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 06:17 PM   #2428
Jim1611
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Thanks for including me in the list of friends Bill. I consider you one of mine as well. Sorry to hear your mom had the surgery but I hope she's better now. Looking back on 2013 it sure seems to have went fast. I'm kinda out of the loop on everything that's going on with everybody here but I hope this new year is one they'll treasure. We all should do that. Even taking the bad with the good, it's all part of life. My wife tells me her dad was always telling people to "do what's right". I think that's sound advice. The problem is so many people have no moral compass to guide them. Those of us that grew up so that we were influenced by the older folks that lived through hard times, ie. the Great Depression, are fortunate. We have first hand info of what it was like to do without. During WWII there were rations on just about everything. I heard the older ladies talk about not being able to get sugar so they used maple syrup to sweeten pies and things like that. A neighbor lady to my Grandma told me how here and her husband were on their way home, walking, and they found a dime. They went right back to the store and spent it on food. Most folks won't even pick up a dime today, or work for one for that matter!

My mind often goes through "what if". What if our power supply goes out in this cold weather? What if our monetary system crumbles? What if more folks lose their jobs? I don't do this out of a spirit of fear or dread though. I do this to try to prepare myself to be that person that is in the place to help others. Our society takes so much for granted. We take for granted that there's not a power in the world that can challenge us with arms and threaten the very existance of our nation. December 7th 1941 should be a reminder that things can change overnight. We take for granted that the paycheck the company handed you last week didn't bounce. We take for granted if we get sick there will be help for us. I think our country is headed for a wake up call ad it aint going to be pretty. So many are so used to having everything NOW that if it stops being that way they're going to have a major melt down. I think we used to call that being selfish.

Another thing I used to hear was from Grandpa. If he told me once he told me 1000 times to "be encouraged". And I am. Reason being is that there's still good in some folks. I have seen it on here out of people. I've shook the hands of men I've met through here that I feel are good men. There are some here that I know would be there for me and never ask why. I hope they know I'd do the same for them. There are many on here that I pray for every single day even though weeks or months pass and we don't talk. I hope you do the same for me. But most of all I am encouraged because I don't think God has thrown the towell in for us quite yet. He sees all that's going on and knows all that's going to happen. With that in mind if really bad times do befall us He's already blessed us with some folks that will lend us a hand.

I think 2014 would be a good year for us to turn back to God as a nation and regain our moral compass.
Thanks Bill for letting me vent here on your thread and I'll look forward to our next visit!
Jim1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 10:21 PM   #2429
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

^^^ Who is this guy? Sounds a lot like this guy I knew who was building and awesome Jeep.

I know... I don't have a whole lot of room to talk. Happy New Year Jim!
Unread 01-08-2014, 10:29 PM   #2430
jodowii2
1980 CJ7 

Hey Jim how are u moving on your jeep ?
jodowii2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.