Bikini Tops are nice to look at! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Bikini Tops are nice to look at!

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-29-2004, 09:48 AM   #1
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Bikini Tops are nice to look at!

When I bought my jeep, it came with an old-style bikini top. I've never put it on because the guy I bought it from said it was missing a "bar". I'm assuming he meant the windshield channel? I've never seen how a bikini top attaches to the windshield so I'm not completely sure what all I'm missing. Can anybody help? All I have is the bikini top which just seems to be a piece of vinyl. How does it attach to the channel when I buy one?

My jeep has a hardtop so there was no factory channel.

CJ7 - God's gift to the masochist.
jeepsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2004, 10:32 AM   #2
jeep4cheap

The channel, usually two piece, screws into the top front of the windshield frame. Place the groove of the channel down. Start with the top upside down on the hood, the thick, rolled and stitched portion of the top fits into the groove and the top is then flipped over the passenger compartment and attached to the rollbar.
I love my bikini top, I have a hard top but haven't had it on in two years! I just run the hard doors with the bikini top year round.
Here in North Alabama it gets a little "cool" for me in the winter, but the heater does ok at low speeds, in rain you just move the seat up a bit and keep moving. Summertime, I rarely have the doors on unless I am going to do some mudding or go throught thick brush, if it rains, so what!, the humidity is so bad here it dosen't make much difference!
You may find it cheaper to buy a complete new top and have a spare than pay a close to as much for just the channel alone.
jeep4cheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2004, 10:51 AM   #3
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep4cheap
The channel, usually two piece, screws into the top front of the windshield frame. Place the groove of the channel down. Start with the top upside down on the hood, the thick, rolled and stitched portion of the top fits into the groove and the top is then flipped over the passenger compartment and attached to the rollbar.
I love my bikini top, I have a hard top but haven't had it on in two years! I just run the hard doors with the bikini top year round.
Here in North Alabama it gets a little "cool" for me in the winter, but the heater does ok at low speeds, in rain you just move the seat up a bit and keep moving. Summertime, I rarely have the doors on unless I am going to do some mudding or go throught thick brush, if it rains, so what!, the humidity is so bad here it dosen't make much difference!
You may find it cheaper to buy a complete new top and have a spare than pay a close to as much for just the channel alone.

Hey, thanks for the info. You may be right about just buying the whole thing instead of just the channel, but most of the tops I've seen don't include the channel. AND, I found some channels on ebay for about 10 bucks plus 5 shipping. By the way, I'm in N. Alabama too (huntsville). Where are you?

CJ7 - God's gift to the masochist.
jeepsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.