bikini starps - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > bikini starps

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #1
hotrod351
1955 M-38 

bikini starps

my old bestop bikini top is about 20 years old but has been covered 98% of the time. the other day i noticed one of the straps had broken, think they have about had it. the top itself looks and feels great. any ideas on where to get replacement straps for it.

hotrod351 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
wm69

Get the cheap pull through tie down straps (like rachet straps, but with spring loaded clamp instead of racheting mechanism). When my plastic buckles broke that's what I did with mine.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
Dirty Ern
1995 XJ Cherokee 

I wanted a mesh bikini for my 56 CJ5 and the don't make them for the older ones, so I made one myself. I went all over looking for strap and buckles and finally called Best Top and they turned me on to the same outfit that supplies them. It's B-D Co. http://b-dco.com/ I think it was about ten bucks for everything including shipping.
Dirty Ern is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
SLO_Ken
1986 CJ7 

I got the nylon webbing from the local craft/fabric store. The cam buckles came from Ace Hardware.
SLO_Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #5
hotrod351
1955 M-38 

thats what i was thinking of, the tie downs. cool.
hotrod351 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 07:05 PM   #6
Nereussailor
1984 CJ7 

Find a canvas shop that does boat tops. It probably won't cost more than $20 and no hassle to you. If I was near you, I'd do it for the cost of the straps and cam buckles.
Unread 06-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #7
YumaOutdoorsman
1986 CJ7 

I just took mine to an upholstery shop with the old straps on it told them to match them they took the old ones off and sewed new ones on for I think $20
YumaOutdoorsman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2013, 03:21 AM   #8
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Ern View Post
I wanted a mesh bikini for my 56 CJ5 and the don't make them for the older ones, so I made one myself. I went all over looking for strap and buckles and finally called Best Top and they turned me on to the same outfit that supplies them. It's B-D Co. http://b-dco.com/ I think it was about ten bucks for everything including shipping.
I don't know if YJ tops will fit a CJ 7 but this place is selling closing out everything Jeep related at 1/2 off.

http://www.b-dco.com/ecom/shop/category.aspx?catid=158
John Strenk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.