Beware tom woods doesnt honor their warranty - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Beware tom woods doesnt honor their warranty

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 05-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #31
HALOjmpr
You want what, when?

1982 CJ7 

I've spent 23 years as a retail store manager in big box stores. I've encountered almost every customer scenario you can imagine form the nicest customers to personal death threats. I've smiled through every one of them, even the death threats. The reason is I understand that some people believe that they have to be the squeaky wheel to get the grease. While that may work in some cases, 99 % of the time most service workers will do everything in their power to help you if you just communicate with them and give them an opportunity to solve the problem. Have an open mind and try not to decide what you "think" needs to happen beforehand. The outcome may surprise you.

Kudos to Tom's staff for offering the free shipping, there are VERY FEW companies that would do that.

My jeep project "Rustful Dead"
HALOjmpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #32
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyble View Post
My name is Troy. I work at Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts. I believe I spoke with this individual, along with at least one of my co-workers. Tom was out of the office and did not speak with this person. I do want to say that OP was informed that we would indeed repair the drive shaft and no charge, but that we needed to get it in our hands for this to happen. I even offered to send and Authorized Return Service lable so that the customer would not have to pay shipping. This was not acceptable by the customer. He was basically demanding that we just ship him a new, replacement drive shaft and I was not able to comply with this. We do try hard to make every one as happy as possible, but we can only do so much. I am glad the drive shaft has been repaired and the vehicle is useable again.
Figures this was the case. Props to you guys

At least he voided his warranty and you guys don't have to deal with him again
WhiteOut is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #33
Davis77Cj
1977 CJ7 

X2^
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #34
Redmanchew
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Quote:
My name is Troy. I work at Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts. I believe I spoke with this individual, along with at least one of my co-workers. Tom was out of the office and did not speak with this person. I do want to say that OP was informed that we would indeed repair the drive shaft and no charge, but that we needed to get it in our hands for this to happen. I even offered to send and Authorized Return Service lable so that the customer would not have to pay shipping. This was not acceptable by the customer. He was basically demanding that we just ship him a new, replacement drive shaft and I was not able to comply with this. We do try hard to make every one as happy as possible, but we can only do so much. I am glad the drive shaft has been repaired and the vehicle is useable again.

Wonder what happened to the OP?

I have TW's in front and rear and never have had any issue with them i didn't cause myself..... keep up the good work guys...
1982 CJ-7 2003 4.3 chevy vortec, 4L60E, Clocked Dana 300 35 x 12.5 x 15 KM2 on Cragar 399's. Vanco Brake Booster. Power steering conversion. Warn front and rear bumpers with swing away. Moser 1 piece rears. Rear OX.

Support your local MS foundation. You don't know how much this disease sucks until it affects someone you love.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...al&fr_id=18331

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoleos617 View Post
To reiterate for the 1,067th time, when towing...
remove rear axle, xfer in N, trans in 5th, remove neg batt cable, key to Run and go??
Redmanchew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #35
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
"And now you know -- the rest of the story"..........
Unread 05-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #36
Pacfanweb
Go Wolfpack

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
OP, what the hell else did you want them to do? Come put it in for you and make you dinner while they were there?
Unread 05-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #37
jblue1555
1979 CJ7 

Wanted a new one, and not return for repair. One guess why.
jblue1555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #38
CSP

Yep, the OP probably did something stupid that damaged the driveshaft and knew it. That or he's just an unreasonable person.

Kudos to Tom Wood's to resolve the issue that was perfectly acceptable to most people. I've never been let down by the driveshafts I've purchased from them.
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #39
jblue1555
1979 CJ7 

Picture an egg beater.
jblue1555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #40
Balvar24
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacfanweb View Post
OP, what the hell else did you want them to do? Come put it in for you and make you dinner while they were there?
Wait, that's not inferred by the warranty statement?
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #41
82JeepCJ7
1982 CJ7 

Paul Harvey knew the OP...

Wheel, Wrench, Repeat.
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 11:20 PM   #42
wj4play
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyble

Hey while your in here - do you guys make those 1/4 wall shafts ????
...,.,.j/k

Sent from iPhone
Unread 05-21-2013, 12:12 PM   #43
jamie0921
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4play

Hey while your in here - do you guys make those 1/4 wall shafts ????
...,.,.j/k

Sent from iPhone
Hell no you didn't talk to me cause my conversation went nothing like that
jamie0921 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 12:36 PM   #44
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

To the OP.....

The best thing to do right now is to tuck your tail between your legs, tell us the real story, apologize and ask for forgiveness. We're not here to bring anybody down or to make you want to leave the site. We want to help, but you need to come with the facts. It took almost two pages to get any useful information.
Work with us and we'll work with you. No hard feelings brother......
PROJECT 23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #45
wj4play
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie0921

Hell no you didn't talk to me cause my conversation went nothing like that
No... No I didn't talk to you- u quoted the wrong person lol

Sent from iPhone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.