Beware tom woods doesnt honor their warranty - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Beware tom woods doesnt honor their warranty

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 05-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #16
jamie0921
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut
How exactly did the driveshaft cause the case to leak. Because none of the parts you replaced help to seal the case.
It was not balanced and vibrated and had a slight wobble it shook the hell out of it and it keep getting worse it eventually shook the bolt lose on alternator causing battery to die and my power steering got so lose the belt fell off and shook the door catch out of the tub it was a rough night to say the least. Lol

jamie0921 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 03:54 PM   #17
kovic
1983 CJ5 

Vibrations can cause all kinds of damage.

kov
kovic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #18
jamie0921
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovic
Vibrations can cause all kinds of damage.

kov
Yep and we will see what else shows up
jamie0921 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #19
jblue1555
1979 CJ7 

I had a realy good customer who bought a 78 bronco for his son. He had it for a month and the cv joint broke. I had it replaced by the best shop in town as I always did. He got it back on Fri and Sat called and said it went bad again. Non of the welds failed, joint broken. I knew what happened just by the fail, took it and his dad to the shop that did the repair. They showed him the reason for the break and that a huge amount of load was the cause. Of course it just went out going down the road it was nothing his son did. I weighed the impact of my decision based on money spent with me verses 2 more sons. I explained that I was going to abide by the shop that did the repair and Spicer Corp. Of course he decided I was a crook and took his business elsewhere. Later the reason for the break got back to me by someone at the party. The bronco was a stick and he was rolling it backward down the street then dropping the clutch trying to pick the front tires up, on a dare. Which I found out was the reason for the first joints demise.
jblue1555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #20
RDH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie0921 View Post
It was not balanced and vibrated and had a slight wobble it shook the hell out of it and it keep getting worse it eventually shook the bolt lose on alternator causing battery to die and my power steering got so lose the belt fell off and shook the door catch out of the tub it was a rough night to say the least. Lol
Would have been a hell of a lot easier for you to have stated this fact in the first place instead of getting all wound up about it, don't ya think? I can tell that you're pressed for time when you post because your grammar positively sucks. I hope you told Tom Woods in detail what the problem was and acted like a civilized human being about it. If you were a d-bag and refused to give out pertinent information, I'd tell you to kick rocks too. That's my .02
Unread 05-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #21
Mister 4x4
1980 CJ5 

50,000 miles or more on my tom woods shaft built when he worked at Ogden Driveshaft Utah. I had one balance weight fall off in the first week and he fixed it overnight. The last 10,000 miles have been behind and 350 chevy motor with my heavy right foot and it is still perfect. I have a CV style little 16 inch driveshaft and i still have the original u joints. Needless to say my next shaft for the Scrambler are coming from Tom. Thats just my opinion.
Mister 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #22
texasdave
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ7 

How do I put this? Every business regardless of size, reputation, or stature will anger somebody sometime somewhere. Sometimes it is the result of getting too big, getting an employee that may not understand what the customer is relaying or oversteps his bounds. When I don't feel like I am getting a good answer I always ask for the manager. If that answer is not to my satisfaction I can always vote with my feet. Living in an economy based on competition there's always somebody else to take your business. If I do have a problem and I tell others I always give specifics about the problem encountered.
texasdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #23
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
How do I put this? Every business regardless of size, reputation, or stature will anger somebody sometime somewhere. Sometimes it is the result of getting too big, getting an employee that may not understand what the customer is relaying or oversteps his bounds. When I don't feel like I am getting a good answer I always ask for the manager. If that answer is not to my satisfaction I can always vote with my feet. Living in an economy based on competition there's always somebody else to take your business. If I do have a problem and I tell others I always give specifics about the problem encountered.
Great post.
CJ7KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 06:45 AM   #24
mrgimble
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Yep and we will see what else shows up
Why would you drive so long with such a bad vibration?
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #25
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgimble

Why would you drive so long with such a bad vibration?
This ^^^
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #26
82JeepCJ7
1982 CJ7 

Seems to be an operator error rather than inferior product....

Wheel, Wrench, Repeat.
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #27
CSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82JeepCJ7 View Post
Seems to be an operator error rather than inferior product....
No doubt. The OP sure hasn't given any evidence to give him any credibility in his claim or problem solving skills.
CSP is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #28
troyble
Vendor

Quote:
After multiply attempts they wouldn't work with me. Bad customer service.
My name is Troy. I work at Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts. I believe I spoke with this individual, along with at least one of my co-workers. Tom was out of the office and did not speak with this person. I do want to say that OP was informed that we would indeed repair the drive shaft and no charge, but that we needed to get it in our hands for this to happen. I even offered to send and Authorized Return Service lable so that the customer would not have to pay shipping. This was not acceptable by the customer. He was basically demanding that we just ship him a new, replacement drive shaft and I was not able to comply with this. We do try hard to make every one as happy as possible, but we can only do so much. I am glad the drive shaft has been repaired and the vehicle is useable again.
troyble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #29
82JeepCJ7
1982 CJ7 

I put a Tom Woods shaft in the front of my CJ back in '97. I NEVER had an issue with it. I ground that thing over rocks, trees, etc. It took some abuse.

Recently I re-tubed it after I clocked my T-case.

Wheel, Wrench, Repeat.
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #30
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyble View Post
My name is Troy. I work at Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts. I believe I spoke with this individual, along with at least one of my co-workers. Tom was out of the office and did not speak with this person. I do want to say that OP was informed that we would indeed repair the drive shaft and no charge, but that we needed to get it in our hands for this to happen. I even offered to send and Authorized Return Service lable so that the customer would not have to pay shipping. This was not acceptable by the customer. He was basically demanding that we just ship him a new, replacement drive shaft and I was not able to comply with this. We do try hard to make every one as happy as possible, but we can only do so much. I am glad the drive shaft has been repaired and the vehicle is useable again.
PROJECT 23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.