JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep CJ Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/)
-   -   Beware tom woods doesnt honor their warranty (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/beware-tom-woods-doesnt-honor-their-warranty-1525402/)

jamie0921 05-19-2013 11:13 AM

Beware tom woods doesnt honor their warranty

After multiply attempts they wouldn't work with me. Bad customer service.

John Strenk 05-19-2013 11:15 AM

Rest of the story?

WhiteOut 05-19-2013 11:17 AM

Tom Wood’s Custom Drive Shafts are custom manufactured to your specifications using the highest quality standards and are warranted to the original purchaser or recipient only. This warranty is non transferable. The purchaser shall be responsible to determine all design and/or specification parameters and the suitability of any particular product for its intended use.
Coverage:
Products purchased from Tom Wood’s Custom Drive Shafts Inc. are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship, for a period of 180 days from the date of purchase.
Our liability for defects which may occur during the first 30 days of the coverage period will be repair, replacement or refund (as dictated by the discretion of the customer) upon return of product.
Any defect which may occur after 30 days and prior to 180 days from the date of purchase, the product may be returned for repair, replacement or refund at our sole discretion.
Any failure of the weld will be warranted for the life of the drive shaft.
This is the entire obligation of Tom Wood’s Custom Drive Shafts Inc. No other warranty is expressed or implied.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential so the above limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Not covered in warranty:
Malfunctions due to improper installation, functional or design parameters, tampering or modification.
Incidental or consequential damages.
Acts of God or accident
Failures which may occur as a result of lack of maintenance or damaged mating components.
Modifications.
Any modification or repair by anyone other than Tom Wood’s Custom Drive Shafts Inc. will void this warranty.

I'd say OP is out of the warranty period or voided it himself.

/thread.

attworth 05-19-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie0921 (Post 15452350)
After multiply attempts they wouldn't work with me. Bad customer service.

Don't mean to stir a nest, but if you're going to claim something like that about one of the biggest names in off-road and custom, you may want to include all of the facts which lead you to this conclusion.

jamie0921 05-19-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteOut
Tom Wood’s Custom Drive Shafts are custom manufactured to your specifications using the highest quality standards and are warranted to the original purchaser or recipient only. This warranty is non transferable. The purchaser shall be responsible to determine all design and/or specification parameters and the suitability of any particular product for its intended use.
Coverage:
Products purchased from Tom Wood’s Custom Drive Shafts Inc. are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship, for a period of 180 days from the date of purchase.
Our liability for defects which may occur during the first 30 days of the coverage period will be repair, replacement or refund (as dictated by the discretion of the customer) upon return of product.
Any defect which may occur after 30 days and prior to 180 days from the date of purchase, the product may be returned for repair, replacement or refund at our sole discretion.
Any failure of the weld will be warranted for the life of the drive shaft.
This is the entire obligation of Tom Wood’s Custom Drive Shafts Inc. No other warranty is expressed or implied.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential so the above limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Not covered in warranty:
Malfunctions due to improper installation, functional or design parameters, tampering or modification.
Acts of God or accident
Failures which may occur as a result of lack of maintenance or damaged mating components.
Modifications.
Any modification or repair by anyone other than Tom Wood’s Custom Drive Shafts Inc. will void this warranty.

I'd say OP is out of the warranty period or voided it himself.

/thread.

No I was in the warranty period and still am but still no help from the kid answering the phone. But I took it to another company they took good care of me.

jamie0921 05-19-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by attworth

Don't mean to stir a nest, but if you're going to claim something like that about one of the biggest names in off-road and custom, you may want to include all of the facts which lead you to this conclusion.

I agree they have a good name that's why I went to them and was also why I was so surprised at there lack of concern with a customer

WhiteOut 05-19-2013 11:26 AM

Why did they refuse warranty on it? If it was damaged when you were rear ended, it would not be covered under their warranty.

markso125 05-19-2013 12:15 PM

You realise that without more information about this, like what caused the driveshaft to fail, and their reason for not accepting the warranty you just appear to be an internet troll having a fit because you didnt get your way.

Now if we had more information like how old the driveshaft was, what failed, and what was the cause for the denial of warranty then we might all agree with you.

But so far with what information we have I wouldnt honor the warranty either if I was them. At this point in time it was mentioned that the jeep was rear ended a post or two up. But you also said "I took it to another company they took good care of me. "

So if the jeep was wrecked or another shop performed any work at all to it as stated in their warrenty...

Not covered in warranty:
Acts of God or accident
Modifications.
Any modification or repair by anyone other than Tom Wood’s Custom Drive Shafts Inc will void this warranty.

So from the sounds of it with the information I have seen on this thread, you voided the warranty and now your mad that they didnt fix it... Now do you want to tell us what went wrong and why they denied your warranty so we can see the whole story. Or do we just have to keep thinking along this line based on the little information you have given us?

PROJECT 23 05-19-2013 12:30 PM

Well, just for the simple lack of details, you're right, we need to stick together and boycott this top notch offloading vendor that has a great name in the industry.
Thanks for posting this because I'm sure you've help numerous people with the decision to purchase any of their products. This couldn't have come at a better time because my buddy was actually taking measurements to place an order for a new driveshaft.
LOL

jamie0921 05-19-2013 01:16 PM

Never said you had to do anything I just was warning others I actually got busy and didn't have time to give details and quite honestly I've gone over it on the phone enough for one day. Glad to see that know one could believe that a highly regarded company could of treated a customer unfairly. As far as that goes I even offered to by another drive shaft while they took two of shipping it back and forth inspecting it so I wouldn't be out of a vehicle. All I asked was if their inspection showed they were at fault they would refund the money. The refused a said it would be impossible that they shipped a part that could be even ever so slightly out of balance.

WindKnot 05-19-2013 02:05 PM

We want to see HOW you were treated unfairly. This thread doesn't tell us diddly squat. If you were wronged and I can see it, I will STRONGLY consider that when it's time to do business with them or not.

In the mean time, I'm sorry, but you're pixels on a screen. Help us out here. Make us understand.

skizriz 05-19-2013 02:22 PM

The OP had a couple of threads about vibrations and driveline noises, and every time he was asked about checking the u joints or drive line angles, he never responded again.
Wonder if that has anything to do with the driveshaft problems?

Sent from my iPod touch using JeepForum

jamie0921 05-19-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skizriz
The OP had a couple of threads about vibrations and driveline noises, and every time he was asked about checking the u joints or drive line angles, he never responded again.
Wonder if that has anything to do with the driveshaft problems?

Sent from my iPod touch using JeepForum

Yes all the vibrations and noises and the leaking transfer case was all due to the drive shaft had it rebalanced and jeep runs great and quite no more leaks and I'm not telling anyone not to due business with them everyone can make their own decision I'm just saying I had a bad experience and before I spent money on a product I do research and I do appreciate everyone's opinion weather I share their opinion or not. And this is my two cents.

WhiteOut 05-19-2013 02:34 PM

How exactly did the driveshaft cause the case to leak. Because none of the parts you replaced help to seal the case.

turbogus 05-19-2013 02:50 PM

I reckon the oscillations of an out of balance driveline would transfer right through the u joint and yoke to the rear seal causing premature failure~leaks (ever blow a seal? "Just fix the dang thing and leave my private life outta this")

The time now is 10:18 PM.