BEWARE of this guy..... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > BEWARE of this guy.....

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-27-2008, 12:38 PM   #1
wifflesniffle
1985 CJ7 

BEWARE of this guy.....

I bought a pair of Bestop half molded doors back in Jan. They came to me damaged and were returned for a second pair that also came in damaged. They were returned and he received them on April 7. The doors are discontinued and no longer available. He refuses to issue a refund to me. He states he has too much time and money invested in this. He has received a full credit from FedEx. ROCKRIDERS of Hayward Ca. He refuses to call and his # is unlisted and his address is also unlisted. His website is rockriders. com and he is on ebay also . I have filed a claim with my credit card co. and the next step is getting an attorney. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. Buyer beware, and I now know what that means.

wifflesniffle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2008, 12:59 PM   #2
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

LOUD AND CLEAR,
And THANKS for the heads up, I'll put him on the 'Cheats & Liars' page on my web site!
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
PhatBasturd
Got chiggers?

1976 CJ7 

RockRiders is a member of this forum. Last post was 3/26/08

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5013020

He's also on the JU forum as well.\

Found an old email address he has used in the past: jeddi@rockriders.com
PhatBasturd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2008, 03:19 PM   #4
DirtEater
1982 CJ7 

I'd never order anything from any site that doesn't have their contact info displayed, including address and phone #. Just makes you wonder why they don't have it displayed. Are they hiding or something?
33" Toyo M/T's on Pro Comp Xtreme Series 1069
Borla header and Catback Exhaust System
Jeeperman bumper w/ Ramsey Patriot 8000 - Jeeperman tire carrier/bumper
DirtEater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2008, 04:43 PM   #5
wifflesniffle
1985 CJ7 

I learned my lesson the hard way. Anyone cheating me is cheating my family and taking food off my table. I guess you need more then someone's word.
wifflesniffle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2008, 07:24 PM   #6
DizzyCJ
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtEater View Post
I'd never order anything from any site that doesn't have their contact info displayed, including address and phone #. Just makes you wonder why they don't have it displayed. Are they hiding or something?
Yeah, I am with you on that! I avoid feeBay and scamBay like the plague. Buyers and sellers both get screwed pretty badly there, and is rarely worth the hassle.
Unread 05-27-2008, 08:29 PM   #7
DirtEater
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifflesniffle View Post
I learned my lesson the hard way. Anyone cheating me is cheating my family and taking food off my table. I guess you need more then someone's word.
What's even worse is the guy is a member here on this forum. I've done transactions with folks on other forums before, and it's based on a mutual trust, kind of brotherhood thing and it's always worked for me.

I think I'd contact the guy again and mention this forum....
33" Toyo M/T's on Pro Comp Xtreme Series 1069
Borla header and Catback Exhaust System
Jeeperman bumper w/ Ramsey Patriot 8000 - Jeeperman tire carrier/bumper
DirtEater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2008, 01:59 AM   #8
flashawk
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyCJ View Post
Yeah, I am with you on that! I avoid feeBay and scamBay like the plague. Buyers and sellers both get screwed pretty badly there, and is rarely worth the hassle.
I've been a member there sense 2002, spent $4000.00 + (mostly Jeep parts) and 260 transactions and never been scammed once.

I guess I've been lucky.
1979 CJ5 360 V8 w/Holley 470 Truck Avenger, HEI Ignition, Livewires w/E3 Sparkplugs, Hedman Hedders, Flowmasters, DANA 30 w/Auzzie Locker, AMC 20 limited slip "N" 3:54's, Tuff Country 2.5" lift, Rancho RS5118, Rubicon Express Quick Disconnects, Currie 1/2" lift Heavy Duty Greasable Shackles, DANA 20, T150, Mile Marker PE8000 w/MiFi Controll Box, Bestop Super Top, Warn 6 bolt Premiums, 31x10.50x15
flashawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.