Bestop 1/2 doors and latch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Bestop 1/2 doors and latch

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-18-2002, 01:47 PM   #1
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Bestop 1/2 doors and latch

My 85 CJ7 came with Bestop 1/2 soft doors that are in perfect shape but when I put them on I don't see how they are supposed to latch shut. Is there supposed to be an adapter or something that attaches to the tub door frame? If so, can that part be purchased separately?

Unread 02-19-2002, 11:40 AM   #2
coopcj7

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeep Daddy:
My 85 CJ7 came with Bestop 1/2 soft doors that are in perfect shape but when I put them on I don't see how they are supposed to latch shut. Is there supposed to be an adapter or something that attaches to the tub door frame? If so, can that part be purchased separately?
I have a set od strikers if you want them they are 35 with shipping i sent you an email
coopcj7

304 bored over .030
Chevy 350 coming soon (i hope)
2in lift
31" Cooper HT's
custom 2 wheel drive (temporary)
coopcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2002, 07:25 PM   #3
AeroViper1

CALL BESTOP and act like a dummy...They're great people...Most of the time they'l just send them out or sell them for cheap.
AeroViper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2002, 06:32 AM   #4
OfFtHeWaLl

I have the half top boors from best top on my jeep.. Ya you need the adapters they look like wedges butt like he said call best top.I am currently looking for som hard top door thingis LOL the ones i have are shot!!! so if ya know were ki can get some let me know....
33 2in lift
it's my problem child
butt i love it
OfFtHeWaLl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2002, 01:22 PM   #5
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I emailed Bestop and acted dumb, like someone said, and they are going to send new strikers free. They wont send new door rotory latches free, but the strikers will be free. I don't care, as long as the doors stay closed.

Thanks guys.
Unread 03-04-2002, 10:14 AM   #6
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Got the free striker and put them on Sunday. They work great. Keep the doors closed and the best part is they were free from Bestop. Thanks Bestop.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.